“I’m sure it is,” He agreed with me sarcastically. “Anyway, I’ll let you go study your anatomy stuff for a while- see you at seven?”

“Sure thing,” I sighed grumpily.

“You know my parents,” He reminded me. “You know that they’re not that bad.”

“But I still don’t want to meet them like this- it’ll be really awkward.”

“You’ll be fine, I promise,” Todd assured me before saying his final goodbyes and then we both hung up.

I groaned loudly, tossing my phone onto my bed and resting my forehead on the desk in front of me. I really didn’t want to go have dinner with his parents because… well, his parents are kind of strict. I mean, they’re not mean or anything, but it’s really awkward when they’re like, scolding Todd for something right in front of me and Owen- because whenever I have met Todd’s parents, Owen was obviously there because there was never a reason for me to be alone with Todd until recently.

“Having fun?” Braeden’s accented voice piped, causing me to jump a little bit as I jerked my head up to see him walking into the room, since my door was already open so it’s not like I expected him to knock or anything.

“Hey,” I mumbled, pulling out my anatomy text book that was on the edge of my rather large desk.

“What’s up?” He wondered curiously.

I shrugged. “Todd is stupid.”

“Todd, as in your boyfriend?”

I nodded with a small laugh. “I’m pretty sure that’s the only Todd I know, yeah.”

“Well, why do you think he’s stupid? I’m pretty sure that’s not how relationships work, you know.”

“Yeah, I know that, but he’s making me go have dinner with his parents tonight.”

He frowned in confusion, sitting on the edge of my bed and opening his own anatomy text book. “How long have you guys been dating?”

“That’s exactly what I said!” I exclaimed. “Not even a week. Anyway, I’ll deal with it. Are you ready for some anatomy?’

Braeden nodded, completely unexcited, and looked down at the list of anatomical terms that we had to learn. “I guess. Oh, but how did you do yesterday? At your competition and whatnot.”

“We got first place,” I gloated with a small smile. “But it’s not a huge deal, the competition wasn’t that good.”

“That’s still really cool,” He acknowledged. “Congratulations.”

I smiled softly and brushed my hair behind my ear. “Thanks. Okay, so let’s do the back of the body today.”

Braeden grinned a perv-ish boy grin. “Does that mean I get to smack your arse?”

I giggled softly but not because of the perverted remark, but because of his wording. “I can’t take you seriously when you say ‘arse’ though,” I inform him.

He frowned in confusion and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. “What do you mean?”

“I mean, its ass- not arse. I mean, I know you’re not from here, but it’s still pretty cute.”

He raised his eyebrows at me, thudding his pencil against his text book. “Did you just call me cute?”

I shook my head and blushed a little bit at the realization that I had just kind of indirectly called him cute. “No, I called your accent cute.”