Chapter 31

+++

I wake up the next morning, slowly trudging to the toilets, only to throw up my guts. I didn't realize someone had come into the bathroom until they were holding my hair.

After I couldn't throw up anymore, I take a deep breath, leaning against the wall. I pull my knees up to my face, trying to hide from him.

"What word do you find in the word cancer?" Louis' voice asks after a moment of silence.

I lift my head up. He is crouching down across from me. I squint my eyes at him.

"Nothing, I find nothing." I answer, bitterly.

"I see the word can."

"Can?" I question.

"As in you can get through cancer. You can do this. I believe in you."

"I'm sick of being sick." I sniffle, tears brimming my eyes.

He crawls over on his knees and wraps his arms around me. He moves me into his lap. I grip onto his shirt, sobs falling from my mouth.

+++

"I want to take you somewhere." Louis breaks the silence between us.

I am laying on the loveseat, my head in his lap, my feet dangling over the arm.

"Like where?"

"Somewhere, some adventure you'll
never forget, like backpacking across Europe." He thought out loud.

"That would be great. There's so many places there I would love to see, like London, Amsterdam, Paris."

"You haven't been to London?" He asks, shocked.

"When would I have had time to go to London?"

"Looks like we're going to London!" He exclaims.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself." I sit up. "I can't just get on a plane and leave my doctors."

"Do I have to ask them for permission?" He questions, unsurely.

"That would be a good start, yeah."

"Alright, let's go have tea with Doc!" He clasps his hands together.

He stands up the loveseat, fetching his red adidas jumper off the coat rack next to my front door.

"You can't be serious." I state, getting up and following him.

He takes another one of this jumpers off the coat rack and holds it out for me. He helps me slip it on over my arms.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He smiles.

+++

"What?" Doc laughs out loud.

"Can I take Tilly to London?" Louis repeats.

"Why not?" Nurse Chance, the nurse who did my chemo and scans, asks.