Chapter 22

+++

"Just stay close to me." Niall tells me.

And here I am, going to one of Louis' concerts.

We climb out of the van and screams immediately fill my ears.

"THEY'RE HERE!"

"I LOVE YOU!"

"HARRY GIVE ME YOUR GRAVY!"

Cameras and phones flash everywhere. Pens, paper, posters, and hands are shoved our way as we're escorted by their security into the arena.

I feel an arm wrap around my shoulders. I look at Niall, who gives me a smile.

"Who is she?"

"Miss, look over here!"

"Niall is that your girlfriend?"

"Niall's girlfriend?" I stop walking and laugh.

"Tallulah!" Niall groans, grabbing me arm.

We finally get inside the stadium and the chaos is away from us.

"What the hell was that?" I ask, stunned.

"Fans and paparazzi," Niall answers.

I sit around backstage as they go through sound check and all of that garbage. I don't even know how I ended up here.

"Good job, lads! Tonight's gonna be brilliant!" I hear Liam say.

I turn my head to see the five guys walking in, each of them holding a water bottle.

"Did we sound good?" Harry asks me, sitting on the couch opposite of me.

"Eh," I shrug.

He rolls his eyes, but has an amused smile.

The rest of them find a place to sit around us. Niall and Zayn sit next to me.

"Do you sing, Tallulah?" Zayn asks me.

"Nah," I laugh, shaking my head.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Louis snap his head towards me. He makes eye contact with me, but quickly looks back to the floor.

We all sit around and chat for awhile, until they're called to their dressing room.

"Tallulah, hi!" Someone chirps behind me.

I turn around to see Eleanor smiling, happily.

"Hey," I nod at her.

"Stand up, silly! Give me a hug!" She holds her arms out.

I stand up and give her a half hug while she full on squeezes me.

She's sweet, I should feel bad for not liking her, but I don't.

"I'm so glad you could make it!" She tells me, sitting next to me.

"I've never seen them perform, are they good?" I ask, trying to be friendly.

"I think they're lovely, but I'm bias." She laughs.

I forcefully laugh along with her.

"Eleanor, you're here!" Louis' voice causes both of us to turn around.

He almost sounds alarmed.

She jumps off the sofa and runs over to him. They hug each other, then share a quick peck.

"Sophia is going to be here soon, can you go out and show her back here?" Louis asks her.

"Yeah, of course!" Eleanor nods, leaving the room.

So it was just me and him.

I stand up from the sofa and start to walk out because I can't stand to be here with him.

"When are you going to give in?" He
stops me.

"Give in to what?" I question.

"Your petty grudge," he answers. "We're going to get old before we even hug."

"Well, if you want to hug me," I trail off.

I turn around and walk to him until I'm right in front of him. I lean in slowly, so there is only a millimeter separating our faces, but Louis doesn't move an inch. He just stares at my eyes, not even breathing. I brush my lips against his cheek.

"Go ask Eleanor. She'll do a lot more than that." I whisper in his ear, laughing hysterically.

I turn on my heel, chuckling under my breath. A hand grabbing my arm stops me. He spins me around to face him again.

"I'm not letting you slip away from me again, not when you're right in front of me after so long." He stares into my eyes, his voice low.

"I asked for consistency and you consistently promised things you couldn't keep. I guess I should have been a bit clearer with what I was asking for." I said, keeping my voice low. "Now, get your peanut butter out of my chocolate." I rip my arm from his grip.

He looks at me baffled.

"I really hope you don't expect me to come running back to you, falling on my knees, begging you to never leave me again because I won't. I don't care anymore. You don't need me and I don't need you. This isn't a movie, it's real life, Louis. I know this will be hard for you to understand, considering the fabrication of money and fame you live in now, but get used to it, okay?" I tell him, harshly. "I made you my safe place. I made you my home. I ended up homeless."

I push my way past him just as his girlfriend walks in the room, Sophia trailing behind her.

We were so close in proximity. I could've kissed him right there.

A tingly feeling with a hint of giddiness rushes inside of me. I don't even know what the feeling is, really, just that it's overwhelming.

I find the nearest bathroom, locking myself in there. I stand in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection.

+++

The concert was fun, I guess. Sophia and Eleanor stood next to me right in front of the stage, cheering on their boyfriends. Niall sent me a wink from on stage.

Niall is sweet. Niall is pure. Niall has good intentions. I do not. That doesn't mean Niall and I can't be friends though.

After the concert, we all go backstage for meet and greets.

"How did I do?" Niall approaches me, all sweaty.

"You did good, Nail." I answer, flatly, patting his back.

"Alright?" He asks.

"I'm always alright."

Girls of all ages come backstage and meet the lads. Some of them scream, cry, others stand frozen. They give the lads gifts, take pictures and hug them tightly. Most of them are so busy trying to record it, they don't even enjoy the moment.

+++

TGIF

h8 picture day

see you guys tomorrow

August 27th, 2016
4:22 am