Chapter 20

+++

Wedding bells are going off in the nearby church, men gathered in tuxes, women gathered in elegant dresses.

A marque was set up outside of the church for the wedding reception.

I'm sitting on a bench outside of the church, amongst men that were glancing around to see when the wedding would actually start.

Cars with sleek black painting start to arrived, so everyone started to take their seats in the chapel. I take my seat where I was assigned.

He rolls up in the place looking like the damn James Bond. But, boy did he look damn fine in that navy suit. A crisp white shirt and brown brogue shoes on his feet. His brown locks are styled into a quiff and I can't help but giggle. Never in a thousand years would I have imagined him with a quiff.

His girlfriend, she had perfect hair, an artificially white smile. Elle was right, she did look gorgeous in the shimmery bridesmaid's dress.

Jay looks stunning walking down the aisle. Her dress looks even better on her now than it did in the boutique the other day. Her brunette hair is in an updo accessorized with a diamond headpiece.

The ceremony is long, but okay I guess. Daniel sheds tears when he lays eyes on Jay. I couldn't help but smile as they exchanged loving vows, and say I do in a heartbeat. When Jay and Daniel kiss everyone cheers. I manage myself to clap a couple times and actually feel hopeful for their relationship.

Afterwards, we were all escorted outside for the wedding party. We all crowd in the marque. Outside, chairs and tables sit in the grass. Inside, tables are loaded with food and a delicate wedding cake.

People give more heartfelt speeches about the new marriage. My eyes almost fall out of my head as the next person walks up in front of everyone.

After I practically drooled over his outfit earlier, I avoided laying eyes on him. Now that he is standing up there in front of everyone, a smile on his face, creases by his eyes I can't look away.

He clears his throat and everyone in the room turns their attention towards him.

"Today we're gathered here for the wonderful food being served to us." The crowd laughs. "Wait, no, that's not right! We're here for a wedding! My lovely mum and her new husband, Daniel's wedding. I'm supposed to give some speech about how wonderful Daniel is. Well, that's a given and I'm not really good with words and describing, so I'll stick to the basics. Daniel, my mother is an absolute lovely person inside, outside and all the way around. She is my best friend. You make her happy. Actually, correction you make her ecstatic. You're a lovely man for not only her, but my sisters, the babies and I. We're honored to unite as one family. You've got a good thing going for ya lad, don't ruin that or I'll personally have to behead you. Anyways, let's raise our glasses to the lovely couple!"

Everyone raises their glasses and Jay's eyes are filled with tears, she runs to hug her son. He hugs her back, laughing and almost falling over. He holds his arms out for his new stepdad next and they share a tight hug. After their heartfelt moment, music starts playing and dates are pulling each other to the dance floor.

I immediately get up from my seat and head outside of the tent, finding a seat in one of the chairs at an empty table.

I pull a cigarette out as a familiar blonde boy sits down next to me.

The weather is warm, as if it knew there was a wedding happening today. It is unusual that the British showers aren't falling down.

"Hey, kid you got a lighter on you?" I ask him.

He turns his head towards me, sunnies covering his eyes. He is wearing a fitted black suit with a striped shirt and a matching dark green tie. He looked like a rich white kid who plays basketball.

"Smoking can kill you." He states.

I chuckle.

I started dying the day everyone left me.

"So you don't have one?"

He shakes his head.

"My name's Niall by the way."

"Nail?"

"Niall."

"Nail?"

"No, it's Niall."

"Nail?"

"No, it's Niall. N-I-A-L-L."

"I'm just fucking with you. I heard you the first time." I laugh. "Tallulah."

"That's cute," He compliments.

"Thanks, I didn't even pick it out."

He laughs.

"Why are you sittin' out here all alone?" He asks.

"I could ask you the same thing." I point out.

The sound of a girl's laughter fills my ears and my head turns to see Eleanor herself being dragged out of the tent by him.

I can't help myself when scoff.

I look at Niall who has his eyebrows raised and a smirk on his face.

"What kind of name is Eleanor anyways? Eleanor sounds like a queef on a yoga ball." My eyes burn into her back as she walks back towards the church with him.

I notice Jay, Daniel and the rest of the bridesmaids standing over there, giving me the impression they're going back there to take pictures with the family.

"You like him." Niall states, reminding me he's even sitting next to me.

"You little pervert." I glare.

"You like him a lot."

"I don't like anybody." I correct him.

"Yeah, right," he laughs.

We sit there in silence for awhile. I pull my phone out and start reading through tweets.

"Mhm," the sound of someone clearing their throat causes me to look up.

I look up and my eyes meet his blue ones for the second time in the last twenty four hours.

"Dance with me?"

+++

aye short chapter

double update coming your way

~Ty

August 25th, 2016
6:44 am