Epilogue

Epilogue

“Seriously? Why is it that you always blind-fold me?”

“Because I love surprising you.”

Klaus’ hands were on her waist as he led Caroline into the unknown. A black blind-fold covered her eyes, and she relied entirely on the Original to lead her to their destination, wherever that might be.

The past year had been peaceful and fun. Her senior had been everything she had expected it to be, filled with stress over homework, drama and organizing parties. A week ago she had finally graduated, and she had begun to travel the world with Klaus.

Klaus had freed his hybrids after some convincing from Caroline. There were other werewolves who would want to set them free, which made it safer to let them go. She had also made him agree that keeping them as servants was wrong.

She was still very close to all her friends in Mystic Falls. Things with Tyler had become comfortable again, after they had agreed to just stay friends. She had cried when they had all parted ways, especially with Bonnie and Elena, but knew that they would keep contact. Deep in her heart, she knew that after everything they had gone through together their bonds were unbreakable.

Caroline giggled when Klaus’ hands playfully tickled her, and she slapped them away. They disappeared, but soon she felt a tugging at the back of her head.

“Finally!” she cried just as the piece of clothe came off. After that she was stunned speechless.

In front of her the whole city of Paris stretched out. Millions of lights glittered up at her, lightening up the night sky. The beautiful city was in plain sight, enabling her to see all the places they had visited the past few days. She had gone shopping, visited Louvre, seen all tourist attraction and more. And everything had been done together with Klaus.

During this past year, her love for Klaus hadn’t diminished. If anything, it had increased. She constantly found new reasons and ways to love him. He had patiently waited for her to graduate, before embarking on a trip around the world with her. He had promised to show her all of his favorite places, but had avoided telling her exactly where. That had resulted in Caroline having several suitcases of clothes for different temperatures and occasions.

Looking at the romantic city, she finally found her voice. It was filled with awe. “It’s so beautiful. Where are we?”

“We are on top of the Eiffel Tower. This is their restaurant,” Klaus replied, snaking an arm around her and leading her to the table prepared for them.

 The whole restaurant was empty except for them. Candles had been lit in the entire restaurant, giving it a warm glow. Roses waited for them at their table, which was situated by a floor-to-ceiling window. In a corner an orchestra played softly.

“This is perfect, Klaus!” she exclaimed, throwing her hands around his neck and pecking his lips.

He pulled her in for a longer kiss, before grinning. “Come on. We shan’t let the food wait much longer.”

Klaus was referring to the time she had spent preparing for this evening. After he had told her to dress extra nice this evening, she had spent hours picking an outfit and preparing.

“Well, if someone had told me where we were going, I may have been faster,” Caroline countered, but couldn’t make the smile leave her lips. Then she looked around at the empty restaurant. “Klaus, why is it empty?”

“I might have arranged for us to dine alone tonight,” Klaus answered sheepishly.

She raised her eyebrows. “You booked the entire restaurant?” A laugh escaped her lips. “Somehow, I’m not surprised.”