15. Perfect

Chapter 15

Sun was shining through the window when Caroline woke up. She groaned, feeling how her whole body ached. Just as she was about to turn to avoid the light though, she noticed a pair of muscular arms surrounding her.

Her eyes widened, but before she could panic she heard a familiar voice behind her.

“Hello,” Klaus murmured in her ear, pressing a kiss to her neck. Goosebumps broke out on her skin at the intimate touch. “How are you feeling?”

All memories rushed back to her, and she gasped. “The werewolves? Andy?”

“Shh,” Klaus silenced her soothingly in his hot British voice. “They’ve been taken care of. Only one escaped, but he will be dead soon enough.” His eyes darkened for a few seconds, murder clear in his eyes.

Turning to face him, she noticed that she was in her home. Caroline sighed in relief, snuggling into Klaus chest. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly to his chest as a few tears leaked out of her eyes.

“You’re safe now. I’ll protect you,” he whispered, kissing her head while patting soothing circles into her back.

She looked up at him, and was struck by how much she had come to love this hybrid. He had saved her, taken care of her, and the only place she could feel utterly safe was in his arms.

“Thank you,” she said, hoping that he could see the gratitude in her arms.

Klaus smiled at her in understanding, but it still wasn’t enough for Caroline. She wanted to show him how much she appreciated what he had done.

Leaning forward, she pressed her lips to his. Klaus immediately responded, eagerly kissing her back. All thoughts fled her mind as she tangled her hands in his hair. Lust clouded her mind as Klaus’ warm hands crept under her tank top, stroking her flat stomach.

The kiss deepened, and Caroline moaned when Klaus started to kiss her neck slowly. He kissed his way up from the base of her throat to her jaw line. When his lips finally connected with her mouth again, she lightly bit his lower lip.

He groaned deep in his throat, and his control seemed to slip as he rolled on top of her, pinning her to the bed with his body. Her sore body protested a bit as pain coursed through her body, but the pleasure was by far larger. He used his hand to wrap one of her legs around his hips as he kissed her with renewed passion, barely letting her breathe. 

Their tops were soon on the floor, but as Caroline reached for Klaus’ pants he pulled away. He was breathing heavily, looking at her with a dark hungry gaze which made her stomach flutter.

“You’re making it increasingly difficult to resist you,” he growled as he rested his forehead against hers.

“Then don’t,” she murmured, trying to pull him back to her.

“We can’t, love. You still haven’t fully recovered, and should be resting,” he replied regretfully.

“How long have I been out anyway?” she pouted, as they both sat up on the bed. She put on Klaus’ T-shirt, since it was the closest one. It was large and comfy, and smelled nice.

“For about two days. It took longer than usual for you to heal because we couldn’t feed you any blood when you were unconscious. Once you almost woke, but as soon as you had received some blood you fell asleep again.”

TWO DAYS! I was supposed to organize the Halloween-party yesterday! The party committee is completely hopeless without me! We’re probably just going to end up with some freaky pumpkins and those ridiculous paper-bats—“ she shouted in panic.

“Calm down, love!” he interrupted her with a chuckle. “I postponed the party a week, so that you would have time to recover. They had some objections to the suggestion at first, but they agreed in the end,” he winked.

Well, that was actually really…sweet of him to do.

Putting her arms around his neck, she pecked his lips softly. “You can actually be really cute when you want to,” she commented with a huge smile.

Instead of letting her pull away, Klaus snaked his arms around her and deepened the kiss again. Then he pulled away abruptly, groaning.

“I forgot that you’re still hurt! When you’ve finally recovered, you’re going to be in deep trouble, love,” he promised with dark eyes looking at her hungrily. A shudder of anticipation made its way through her body.

The next second she screamed in surprise as Klaus scooped her bridal style.

“What are you doing?” Caroline laughed as she looked up at the dashing hybrid’s face. He was really the most handsome man she had ever met. His hair was currently in disarray, and his infectious grin made it impossible for her not to smile.

“Carrying the injured princess to the kitchen so that the knight can prepare her breakfast,” he replied, his playful boyish behavior making her shake her head in amusement. He never seemed to show this other side of him to anyone but her.

After he had given her a blood bag, he started to fry pancakes. Even though they technically didn’t need it, she could still feel her mouth water as he flipped them expertly. He was still shirtless, and Caroline couldn’t help admiring his toned body as he cooked.

“Has anyone told you that you look sexy when you cook?” she asked with a grin.

“Has anyone told you that you look rather ravishing in my clothes?” he countered with a wink, his eyes scouring her body.

“Well, since this is the first time I’m doing it, no. But I wouldn’t mind hearing it now,” Caroline said, biting her lips together to prevent her grin.

Leaving the pancakes for a few seconds, Klaus approached her with a smirk. “You look absolutely delectable in my clothes,” he whispered, lightly nipping her ear as she blushed.

And as they kissed again, probably making the pancake burn, Caroline was filled with such happiness that she felt that like was going to explode. Everything seemed to finally have worked out, and right now everything was perfect.

In the same time, there was something in the back of her mind saying that she had forgotten something. There was something she had told the werewolves, which put someone she cared about in danger. Something important…

But as Klaus kissed her, she let go of the thought and just enjoyed the moment.  

---------------------

Awww!!!! Aren't they cute!!? Sorry, but I couldn't help grinning when I wrote this!

This isn't the end! There are still a lot of loose ends to be tied!

I lost a lot of readers last chapter! :( I don't know why! If any of you know, please tell me!

Sooo, vote/comment/follow!!! These three lead to faster up-dates! *winkwink What do you think Caroline is forgetting, btw? Dedication to the first person who guesses right!

Oh, and please check out my other book if you have time! :)

KLAROLINE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!