2. Explanations

Chapter 2

Klaus smirked at her, an expression which looked foreign on Tyler’s face. “The one and only.”

            “But…but how?” Caroline stammered, shock still clouding her mind.

            “Bonnie helped transfer me to this body in order to save me and my blood-line from that raging vampire-hunter.” He frowned for a second, but then grinned again. “But now he’s dead, and I have only to find a way to restore my own body.”

            “Bonnie?” she exclaimed disbelievingly. It was hard to imagine her best friend, who hated Klaus so much, saving him.

            Tyler’s body shrugged. “She wanted to save her friends, including you.” His dark eyes focused on hers. “I’m not the only one who cares about you, Caroline.”

            She swallowed, trying to ignore the butterflies which started to flutter around in her stomach. Pretending like her cheeks didn’t heat up, she lifted her chin defiantly at him while replying, “Too bad nobody cares about you.”

            The little half-smile that had been on his face instantly disappeared. The next second he was standing right in front of her, not even an inch separating their bodies. She couldn’t contain her gasp, and he looked down at her with smoldering dark eyes.

            “Careful, love. Just because I’m not in my real body it doesn’t mean that I’m incapable of doing anything. This body happens to conveniently be a hybrid, and I can still compel any vampire or human walking this planet not in contact with vervain.”

            She refused to back down, standing still with her face unnervingly close to Klaus’. Their lips were inches apart, and she thought of how just a few seconds earlier they had been kissing each other.

            “So that’s what you’re going to do? Compel me?” she asked, raising her eyebrows.

            “Not unless necessary,” he smiled. He slowly leaned forward, his lips approaching hers while his eyes hypnotically held hers. It wasn’t until they nearly touched that she came to her senses and leaped back, her heart pounding wildly in her chest.

            “What’s wrong, love? You weren’t that reluctant before,” he smirked, but a hint of disappointment curved his mouth.

            “That’s just because I thought that you were Tyler!” she defended. However, she couldn’t help thinking about how it had been kissing him. How her whole body had set on fire, and how tightly he had held her. She shook her head, clearing her head.

            “I still am, in a way. You have kissed this body plenty of times before, why not now?” he smiled charmingly while stepping closer to her.     

            “Because you’re Klaus, and not Tyler!” she shouted, taking a step back to keep the space in between us.

            A flash of anger lit his eyes up together with some…jealousy? Surely not? Then his eyes turned cold, and he started to walk away from her.

            “Where are you going?” she asked, walking after him.

            He didn’t answer. He just kept on walking up the stairs to the outside. Caroline ran after him and grabbed his arm just as he reached the top of the stairs. The original in Tyler’s body turned to look at her expressionlessly.

            “Where are you going?” she repeated.

            “Well, since I’m not wanted here, I might as well go and have some fun. You didn’t think that I would be in that hole forever, did you?”

            With that he pulled his arm away from her hand briskly, smiled at her, and was gone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you guys think? Any suggestions or ideas? Please comment below! And if you like it, please vote! :)