Chapter Seven

Switching things up! I will be writing in Josh's perspective for this chapter

[ JOSH ]

Tonight so far has gone totally unexpected then how I imagined it would. Maya and I had somewhat of a make-out session for a good minute, but it seemed like she didn't know what to do. I kind of loss myself and I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable, that is until she made her way on top of me so now I'm not sure anymore. Luckily the doorbell rang before things got heated.I apologized for letting myself get into the moment as I excused myself from the couch and went to get money for the pizza. I walked into my room shaking my head trying to pull myself together. As I'm walking out of my room counting the bills in my hand I asked Maya how much would it be, but as I approach the door I'm left with a stare.

"Isabella" I say uneasy. Out of all nights she had to come today? On my date with Maya?

"Josh" she said with a warm smile. Maya was still standing in between us and she looked at me her eyes were glistening.

"What are you doing here?" I ask calmly trying not to make a scene, not tonight. She stepped inside of the apartment, passing Maya ignoring her completely.

"I came to see you Josh, I-I've missed you so much" she said as she made her way for a hug but I turned to the side rejecting her.

"Isabella we're not together anymore.You broke up with me months ago." I said firmly, taking a stand for myself. I wasn't going to relive the pain she caused me.

"It was a mistake. Josh we were together for almost two years I should have never let you go I'm an idiot for not realizing that". I'll admit she sounded sincere but I would be an idiot too if I fell for her lies. While all this was going on Maya had slipped passed us and quietly made it into the living room, I can't believe I'm putting her through this.

"Isabella you need to go" I said showing her the door.

She sighed, "I'm not giving up on us Josh Matthews". She made her way to the door, and for one second I caught myself reminiscing over the last two years with Isabella. She was the first girl I fell in love with, the first girl I did everything with. I held the door open for her and before she left she gave me small kiss on the cheek.

"I'll be staying at the Westin near 59th & Manhattan if you change your mind and want to talk" that was the last thing she said as I saw her walk to the elevators. Immediately I shut the doors behind me. My whole body ached, I felt nauseous. I walked back to the living room to see Maya curled up on the couch.

"Maya I"m so sorry" I said sitting next to her but she remained silent. We sat on the couch for the next few minutes not saying a word. I would look over at her and she would still be in the same position. I reached for her hand gently as we sat. When I was about something she beat me to it,

"Do you love her?" she asks me quietly.

"No- I don't- I don't anymore" I said making myself seem hesitant.

"You don't seem confident in your answer" she said in despair.

"Maya" I begin to say," Isabella is in the past. Yes I loved her. I loved her more than anything she was my other half, we did everything together. It was great while it lasted but she broke up with me. She broke my heart. I thought we had a future together but I guess I was wrong. But Maya please believe me when I say nothing is going to happen with us." I said meaning every word. We sat in silence for a little longer.

"Josh" she said turning to me, "I think you should give her another chance.."

"What" I said getting up from my seat, "Maya what are you talking about?" I felt anxious, what was happening?

"Josh we can't go any further into a relationship until you figure out your feelings" she said standing up and grabbing me in for a hug. She held me steady. I pulled my head back and looked into her eyes, pulling the hair from her face. She smiled faintly, but broke away from our embrace. Maya made her way to the door and she looked back at me, "Goodbye Josh" I could hear the sadness in her voice.

"Goodbye Maya" I said while feeling my chest tightened. As I closed the door behind me my back slid down against the door until my feet were on the ground. Tonight was suppose to be the day that changed for the better, how did everything suddenly get this bad? At the end of the night I was going to let Maya know I loved her...and now I don't even know where I stand with her. Just as I was getting up I heard knocking, I opened the door quickly hoping Maya had come back but it wasn't.

"Hi there! a medium size pizza extra cheese with pepperoni?" I looked at the pizza girl in disappointment and sighed giving her a twenty, "Keep the change"I said closing the door.

All my appetite went down the drain all I could think about was Maya, and what would become of us.

*****

Josh's confrontation with Isabella leave him and Maya at a pause with their relationship, just a quick chapter to move the story along hope you guys like it! Will be introducing familiar characters soon but they will have small entrances; this story is mostly about Maya finding herself

Thank you again for over 700 reads and votes I truly appreciate them all, and never be afraid to leave comments or suggestions!

Quick note I reread the end I don't know why but the pizza part makes me laugh so hard

xx

M