Chapter 4

When I woke up the first thing I thought of was the phone call between me and Jasper and how Adam reacted to the news. I feel like such a terrible person but I don't know what to do. It's like Jasper is peer pressuring me into going out with him. I tried to get him off my mind but it is practically impossible when I keep getting texts from him.

The texts read:

Jasper: Babe, come round my house later, I'm not taking no for an answer.

Jasper: Why aren't you answering me, you're meant to love me you bitch.

Jasper: Be round at 5 to pick you up, my parents are out of town for the week so you will stay round until they get back.

Urgh, even reading his texts makes me feel sick. I used to be so in love with him but now he's acting like such a jerk. I hate it. I don't want to go out with him, maybe I'll tell him that if I go round his house later.

I didn't realise I'd slept until almost 11 am, I better do something with my day before all hell breaks loose round Jasper's house later. I slowly walk into the bathroom to have a shower and realise that I should probably text Jasper back before he gets even more angry at me.
Jaci: Hey babe, I only just saw your texts cause I didn't wake up until now, sorry for the late reply. Do I have to come round?x
Jasper's reply was fast and blunt.
Jasper: How lazy are you?! You should've woken up ages ago. Yes you have to come round or I'll make you sorry. I have photos of you that could ruin you. One click and they go viral, bitch.

Fear was pulsing through my veins. How did he get any bad photos of me? Oh my gosh. I better go later and find out.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

It was almost time for Jasper to pick me up when I got a text from him...
Jasper: I suggest wearing a short skirt and top or a short dress. Be ready in 5.
He is so annoying. I think u should be able to wear whatever I want but yunno. I might aswell just wear it.

5 minutes later Jasper knocked on the door. I hurried down the stairs to answer it with my bag packed to spend a few days round his house like he requested. As I opened the door his smile faded. "What are you wearing?" He questioned with disgust in his voice. "A short dress" I replied quietly looking down at my red checkered dress.
"No. No. No. Go back upstairs and I'll go with you. You need to change. I'll help you find a short dress because that is not short enough."
"Erm okay, why?"
"Because I said so. Don't question me." He had such anger in his voice that I didn't argue or question his judgement anymore.

We got upstairs and he went through my wardrobe until he found a dress that barely covered my ass cause it was from when I was a lot younger. "Put this on!" He shouted and in fear I took the dress from him and blankly looked at him as if to signal to get out. "I know what you're gonna say. That look says it all. You will get changed while I'm in here. I don't feel like walking out the room" he stated with a smirk, "Well go on then, get changed" he carried on. Quickly I got changed to get it over with. He looked at me wearing the short dress and nodded with approval.

We walked out to Jasper's car and drove off over to his house, we spent the entire journey in silence. There wasn't anything to say. I dropped Adam a text telling him to pick me up from Jasper's house cause something was off.

Slowly we walked into Jasper's house and still we said nothing. It was a nightmare. As soon as we got inside he locked the door and gave me a strange look. He grabbed my hand and lead me into the living room and then as soon as we were in there he locked the living room door... He was starting to scare me.

"Why are you being all weird now?" I asked.
"Well I think I have some good leverage over you"
"To do what? What do you want?"
"I just want a kiss" he hissed as he leaned in; I pushed him away then slapped him. I can't believe for so long I was in love with this douche bag. Before I could get the key to get out he grabbed me and pushed me on the tiled floor. Slowly I got up, elbowed him in the stomach and kicked him in the balls. Wanted to do that for quite a while. I grabbed the keys to get out and ran out of the house.

As I opened the front door, Adam was pulling up. Finally! As quickly as I could I got into Adam's car and we drove off. I pulled down the mirror and cringed at my appearance, my hair was messy and I had a cut on my forehead probably from where I was pushed on the tiles. "What the hell happened?" Asked Adam.
"Well he's an abusive creep. But let's just say because of me he probably won't be able to have kids"
"Damn, are you okay?"
"Yes, I'm fine. Felt good to finally get away from him though"
"I bet it did" he let out a sigh and just smiled at me.

We arrived back at my house only moments later, we slowly wandered inside and I still had goosebumps from that creep. The first thing I did when I got into the house was to walk to the fridge and get the potion out which I'd made for Jasper, I smashed the bottle in the sink and watched as the potion disappeared down the drain. After all, it's not like I'd need it anymore.

Slowly I wandered upstairs and got a large double mattress and some pillows and a double duvet to bring downstairs. I set it up on the floor. I got in one side and just looked up at Adam trying to get him to lay in the other side, just sleeping together as friends, nothing sexual. Gradually he got into the other side and gave me a hug before both of us fell asleep. We were both knackered cause it was almost 3 am by the time we fell asleep.

At almost 4:30 I woke up screaming from a bad dream, tears were running down my face and I was shaking. Oops, I accidentally woke Adam up. "What's wrong?" He questioned.
"Oh, nothing, sorry, just a bad dream"
"Awh, bless, try to get some more sleep babe" he whispered as he kissed my forehead and with that I settled back down to try to get some more rest.

By 5am I established that I wasn't going to get anymore rest because I just couldn't sleep. It was futile.I sat up and looked at Adam who was fast asleep next to me and I smiled... just looking at him made me smile. He was my universe. It was as if I had cast a spell on him without using my magic cause I knew that he liked me as more than what we are and I liked him too but I just wasn't ready to date again... Not after what just happened with Jasper, even though I know that Adam is nothing like Jasper.

I laid back down next to Adam and snuggled up to him. He must've been half awake cause he kissed my forehead and slowly I managed to fall asleep even though I thought I wouldn't.