Chapter 2

We got back to my house and it was almost 10 at night but my auntie still wasn't back, maybe she was just in traffic. I shrugged off any worries as me and Adam got the DVDs out from under the TV. As we sat down together on the couch I passed Adam the remote and snuggled up to him, my head was against his chest and his arm was around me. Everything seemed so perfect. I looked up at him and we both smiled, he gives me this feeling but I don't know how to explain it, nobody else - not even Jasper - gives me this feeling.

Ring ring. The moment is ruined as the landline let's off a shrieking ring after another. I frown and huff as I wander over to the landline while Adam pauses the movie. "Hello, who are you? And what do you want?" I asked with an irritated tone. "Hello, Jaci, it's Violet. Cami has been taken to hospital, she was in a car crash... I'm sorry kiddo," stated Violet - she's my Godmother and works for the police - with upmost sympathy in her voice. "Wait, are you serious?" I asked as I tried not to burst into tears. "I'm afraid so, we don't think your auntie will be out for the next few days so I'm gonna supervise you while she's out,"
"Oh you really don't need to, my best friend is with me so I'm not alone"
"Well how old is your best friend"
"16, I'll be fine, we're having a sleepover"
"Okay then, I won't crash your happiness or whatever you kids say"
"Thankyou, can you call me back if you have anymore news"
"Sure will sweetie. Love you"
"Love you too..." as soon as I said this I hung up.

Slowly I wandered over to where I was sitting before and burst into tears. "What happened?" Adam asked, a concerned look across his face. I didn't respond, instead I just shook my head and resumed the movie. We were gonna watch paranormal activity 2, the best horror movie ever and I thought it might cheer me up to distract myself for a while. It didn't take very long for all of Adam's bravery to run out, he was dead scared and I was finally laughing.

After the movie finished we decided to go and carry on with the potion in the shed. We crushed the shells from the hermit crabs and we grinded the stingers from the jelly fish, lastly we just needed to add the sea water which was easy. I just needed one last ingredient, some of my blood, only a few drops. I got a pin and pricked my finger; a few drops of blood dripped into the potion and the potion turned pink. It was ready. As soon as Jasper drunk this he would fall deeply in love with me.

"Well did it! It's complete!" I squealed, I jumped up into Adam's arms and wrapped my legs around his waist, he hugged me and after a few moments we let go of each other apart from my legs still being wrapped around him with me holding onto him. Before we knew it we kissed. A few seconds later we pulled away from eachother and it took us a moment to realise what had just happened. We both just laughed and walked back into the house.

We walked back into the living room and sat on the couch again and just like earlier I decided to snuggle up next to him. We decided to go on Netflix and find some good movies to watch, I got to choose the first movie so obviously I chose a horror movie: the Grudge 3. I knew he found the Grudge movies to be the scariest so I thought it would be funny. By the end of the movie he was almost in tears from the fear.

"Okay then, you can choose the next movie if you're too scared for horror" I laughed.
"Ooh good, let's watch the hunchback of Notre dame!"
"You're kidding, right?!"
"Nahh bish, you said I could choose"
"Whatever" I couldn't help but laugh at his request to watch a little kid's movie but I didn't really feel like judging. We put on the film and by the time it was half way through we both fell asleep next to each other on the couch.