Summer's End.

"You sure you're ready for this?" I raised an eyebrow at Jason over my muffin. He nodded.

"Please, I've mastered the art of charm years ago. This'll be a piece of cake."

"You realize she'll probably immediately dislike you," I warned.

He rolled his eyes, "I think I'll manage to win them over. Besides, she hasn't been with other hunters for a while, that mindset has probably wore off."

"Whatever you say, O Wise One."

I chomped down on my muffin while he proceeded to pour the coffee, humming Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.

I chewed my muffin thoughtfully, mulling the events of the summer over. After the fight I'd spent half of the month helping Jason smooth things over with the pack. I had officially accepted him as my mate and he was going to transfer to my high school!

June had officially accepted Connor as her mate, much to my disliking, but he had returned to the same easygoing guy he was when I first met him. They both joined June's pack and we don't hear much of them these days besides an occasional text from from them asking to borrow our food, which they never return. I heard that he was going to propose soon, which was a bit fast fit me, but June was head over heels for him.

Katie and Jake were currently on their honeymoon in Tahiti, every once in a while they'd send us a picture of them having the time time of their lives, captioned something like, 'Miss you. Lol, jk'!"

And Kenzie and I were in our houses, preparing for the final thing we had to take care of.

Our parents.

They were coming home today and we had to tell them. Everything.

"They are definitely going to freak out, aren't they," I sighed, throwing the remains of my muffin into the trash.

"Probably, yes," He agreed. I shot him a glare while opening the fridge and grabbing a carton of cherries.

"Aren't you supposed to be making me feel better?"

"Sweetheart, when have you ever known me to make you feel better," He responded.

"Good point," I popped a cherry from the carton into my mouth.

"When will they get here?"

I glanced at my watch, "Anytime, now."

"Planned what you'll say?" He asked.

I thought, "I'm gonna wing it."

"Cass, winging it, really isn't one of your strong suits. Remember when you decided to 'wing it' on your speech at Katie's wedding? 'Um, I, ah... yeah..."

"Hey, it's the thought the counts," I countered. "Still, you're right, let's practice."

"Ok, I'll be your mom," He cleared his throat and continued in falsetto. "Honey, oh where have you been! Me and your father have been worried sick about you! Give me your phone NOW young lady or you're grounded for life! AND WHEN WE ARE ALONE YOU ARE GOING TO GET THE PUNISHMENT OF A LIFETIME!"

"Ok, um, mom, as you might have known, I am an animal. Not literally, but- actually I guess It is literally. Well, anyway, I'm a werewolf. And Hunter. So...yeah. This is also my Jason, his name is mate. Wait, reverse that! And we are mates and I'm the alpha- I mean Luna. And I am a werewolf. Did I already say that? Wow I'm good at this," I said. He slapped his forehead.

"Impressive."

Just then the doorbell rang.

"Oh no! Ok, I've got this. It'll all be fine," I reassured myself. Shoot. They were here! AAAAAHHH, How am I gonna explain this?! Well, they are my parents. They'll still love me, right? AH!! Life is giving me many lemons to squeeze!! I NEED SOMEONE'S EYES!

I pulled myself together and mentally went over my speech as I opened the door.

"Mom-"

"Sweetie, oh where have you been!? I've been calling and texting you, me and your father have so so worried, You give me your phone NOW young lady and YOU ARE GOING TO GET THE PUNISHMENT OF A LIFETIME!" She yelled before pulling me into a tight embrace.

Jason smirked. My dad ran in and pulled us both into his arms and we just sat there hugging until Jason cleared his throat. Oh, right. I detached myself from the hug and stood.

"Oh, right. Um mom, dad, as you might have known, I am an animal. Not literally, but- actually I guess, wait, can I start over?" I pulled myself up and I stood on shaky legs. "Ok, mom, dad, I'm a werewolf and Hunter, and Jason over here is the Alpha of a nearby pack and he kidnapped me and Kenzie, who's mate happens to be in that pack and we were brought to the pack and we tried to escape a couple times but it didn't go very well and we learned about werewolves and our cousin Connor tried to kill us all with Kim Kardashian and then he was June's mate and Katie got married and I gave a really really good speech," I summarized.

They gaped at me in silence for a while.

Then, they spoke at the same time,

"You found out about werewolves?"

"Connor is June's mate?"

My dad turned to my mom. "Really? That's what's bothers you?"

She shrugged, "June is my favorite niece, I don't think I want her with a crazy psychopath cousin," She defended. Then she gasped again.

"This guy kidnapped you!?" She exclaimed.

"Oh yeah, um, Well, I don't want you guys to freak out or anything," I hesitated. Jason squeezed my hand encouragingly.

My parents narrowed their eyes suspiciously.

"Jason, he's ah, kinda my mate."

It was quiet as they silently processed what I'd said. Then comprehension dawned on their faces and-

"WWWWHHHHAATTTTTTTT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!!!!!!!"

The End. <3