Secrets

Fun Fact about me guys, I have a hidden talent. And it's name is rapping.

I woke up the next morning and returned to my room. I was using the picture in my room for target practice when I heard the soft patter of feet outside my door. The feet stopped in front of my room and didn't move.

I rolled my eyes and balanced the knife in my hand. I hurled it forward and it stuck a few inches shy of Mona Lisa's face.

I cursed under my breath and went to go retrieve it. After I yanked the blade off the wall, I marched over the door and threw it open, pointing the knife.

"What?!" I fumed. Then, I noticed the person under my blade. It was Kenzie.

"Nice to see you too," She choked out, staring at the knife under her chin. I lowered my arm.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "Thought you were someone else."

She smiled brightly, "It's fine. Guess what I just happened to stumble upon in Luke's underwear drawer!"

I considered, "A biscuit."

"No."

I thought long and hard this time.

"A biscuit."

"No!" She grinned and pulled out a book.

"Is that a werewolf book?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Nope, Its a diary!"

"That's interesting," I smiled. "Read it!"

She flipped open to a random page, "Today was a strange day. I found a meatball under my pillow. Then, I was walking in the forest and a banana peel fell on me. Shifting today was harder for some reason, my wolf says it's because I'm getting ready to find my mate..." She trailed off.

"His pet wolf talks? And I thought your life was weird," I shook my head.

"The shifting? I don't like the sound of that," Kenzie commented.

"Try another page," I suggested and she flipped a couple pages forward.

"Today was crazy!" She began to read, "Jason found his mate at the mall while we were talking and kidnapped her, and shortly after, I found mine too! AT THE SAME MALL! I wonder if they knew each other.... Anyway, she's perfect! She's still a bit upset about the whole kidnapping thing, but I think she'll get over it once she finds out the truth. Besides, I did it out out of love!"

"We are in his diary?" I gaped.

"The truth? I Don't like the sound of that either," She commented again.

Then, a line from the book caught my attention.

"What's a mate? Doesn't that mean friend in Australia? Because I hardly consider us friends," I said. Unless he threatens and holds his other friends hostage.

Kenzie thought, "Maybe he's taking a foreign language where that means candle stick."

"Perhaps," I said.

This was a real head scratcher.

Just then, Luke barged into my room.

"Did you guys steal my diar-I mean journal?!" He demanded. I jumped a bit, but quickly regained my posture.

"Noooooooooooooooo, why did you ask?" I said innocently.

"Aha!" He yelled, causing me to jump again. "There it is!"

"What, this?" Kenzie looked down at the book in her hands. "This is just my period diary. You know, whenever I get my period I record just how much-"

"AH! LALALALLALAA THING I DO NOT NEED TO KNOW!" He slapped his hands over his ears. Then he snatched the book out of her hands. "How much of this did you read?!"

"We had just gotten past the words, 'Luke's Diary'," I lied. He nodded, looking a bit relieved.

"Don't go through my stuff again. It's personal," He ordered, looking visibly shaken. What else could be in there that made him so scared?

"Ok," I sighed.

"Pinky swear?" He said, looking into my eyes with a serious expression.

I returned his gaze, "Drop dead serious, not even kidding."

"Good," He said, satisfied, and turned to leave. 

"Oh! And have fun with those meatballs under your pillow!" I called after him.

He let out a yelp and dashed out the door. After it shut we burst out laughing.