Dreaming is the real thing... Here comes the problem

Chapter 9

Sydney

                The next day, I was completely well. I snuggled at the next hot thing that was closest to me. My dream of kissing Adrian was so funny. I felt ecstatic. I giggled. I really can’t imagine him caring that much. Suddenly I smelled a soft glint of mint. Adrian’s scent. I looked up and saw Adrian sheepishly grinning while looking down at me.

“Good morning” he greeted. His eyes were full of amazement when he saw my face.

“Holy shit!” I scrambled out of bed.

“What are you doing here?!” I pushed him from the bed that he fall on the ground.

“Ouch!” he said massaging her lower back.

“Get out of here!” I cried. 

“SShhhh......” he said placing his fingers on my lips. But I didn’t shut up. It was so embarrassing! I thought I was dreaming! Oh God! This can’t be happening. The next thing I knew is that I felt his lips locked with mine. The door flew open. We froze.

“Eeww, guys! You should stop doing that! It’s kind of freaky you know” Micah exclaimed looking disgusted. I was thunderstruck, had we blown away our cover?

“Don’t worry sweetheart. He already knew” he said as he saw my dilemma

“What?!”

“Yeah!” they admitted as if it was the most greatest thing that happened.

“It wasn’t a dream? It was all true? Oh God!” I said my face was already red. He touched my cheeks; again I felt the bolt that comes with it.

“No, it wasn’t. It was so true” he said grinning like crazy. I buried my face under my pillows and the room was filled with laughter.

                Months passed and our relationship was full of love. Adrian tried his best to change. We discovered that Micah was really Mason Ashford brother and Vampire hunters were not true. He patch up things between Rose, Dimitri and him. The research was then completed; spirits are such a mystery to everyone that there are some needs to be hidden for the protection of many. But all in all they had done a great job. Until one day I received an unexpected call.

“Hello?” a baritone voice greeted. Jared. My father.

“Dad?”

“Sydney! What have I heard about you and Ivashkov?” there was an intensity in his voice that had a message that I should take this seriously.

“Dad, please! I love him” I begged ready to fight him.

“End your relationship with him or I’ll pull you out in that mission and put Zoe instead!” There goes the fight, I thought miserably. He knew I can’t refused him because of Zoe.

“Dad!” I exclaimed but he already hung up.

                I was wretched the whole day and I didn’t even do anything progressive for the first time in my life. Adrian visited me on my dreams which were the last thing I wanted to ask. Maybe we were connected in a way that he also felt what I felt and when he saw me looking sad and serious, he asked

“Sweetheart, anything wrong?”   I stared at him. I don’t want to hurt him but I have too. It is only the way to protect Zoe

“Everything’s wrong!” I snapped. He looked dumb folded.

“This whole stupid relationship! I want out!” I cried.

“Why?” he ask finding his voice.

“Because I can’t stand your bratty, conceited and arrogant behaviour! You think you own the world but in the first place you have nothing but your good looks and good for nothing painting!” It hurts me even more to say those words to him. Words that I know deep within are pure lies. He tried to pull me to him but I shrugged.

“What is happening with you? I did everything in my power to change just for you. Because I love you!” His eyes her already sparkled with tears.

“Well, Bravo! But I don’t love you anymore” The tears that I was trying hard to control started to fall from my eyes.

“I don’t believe you! You love me too! Why the sudden change? Please Sydney don’t leave me. You’re my life, my everything” he begged going down on his knees.

“Oh C’mon Adrian. You can live better without me” I said in a hard voice trying to push him away.

“How can you say that? You restore me. You restore my life, my love, my soul! Why the hell will you leave me behind? I love you so much.... Please” he wept hugging my legs to prevent me from pulling away. More tears began to fall, my heart is broken into pieces seeing him this way because I knew Adrian will only let down his pride only if he really love and devoted to that thing. I felt his unconditional love but somehow I tried to shake it off out of my system because I’m afraid that he won’t finished my words with him.

“Please Sydney. I’ll do anything, whatever you want. I’ll wash your car, cook you breakfast, iron your clothes, or even give up my life as a prince but please don’t live me” he begged.

“Too late for that Adrian” I pushed him away fighting the tears that are about to escape again.

“Now leave me alone” I ordered calmly.

“Please Sydney” he said still begging.

“I said LEAVE ME ALONE! NOW!” I shouted. I bolted up on bed and hysterically crying. What have I done? Was it all worth it?

                Days were still miserable for me. I can’t eat properly. I forgot my mission, myself, Zoe and the others. I stopped caring about everything around me. Jill even forced to feed me and take care of me even if it must be the other way around.

“Okay, Sydney, I’ll tell Adrian!” she yelled. Her eyes began to water.

“You deserve each other but you’re both a fool for not fighting it!” she stormed out of the room.  A gentle knock of the door came next. It was Eddie. He just stared at me without saying anything. But the way he looks I know he pitied me and wanted to comfort me.

“Now I knew how you felt when you said you can’t love Jill because the different circumstances thing” I sluggishly said without staring to his observant eyes. He sighed and hug me. I weep and sob on his chest, that was the first time I broke down all my defense without caring what other people say. He stroked my hair and said that everything will be okay but I knew it was really the end between me and Adrian. I don’t know if I’ve stop crying or not but I was drifted on a heavy sleep.

The next day I woke up, I was still on Eddie’s chest. I smiled to the fact that there are still true friends that will be on your side in times of trouble.

Jill entered our room with a tray, she was smiling brightly. Meanwhile Eddie was already up. They took turns in feeding me that was a bit hilarious. I burst into laughter and then I thought of the time when Adrian used to feed me sweetly, I cried. They thought I was insane but never commented back nevertheless. I bear hug me and all three of us group hug then Jill commented.

“You better brushed your mouth, it stinks” We all burst into laughters and from that day I promise them that I try to save myself from my own misery.   

Just when I thought the worst was over Rose and Stanton surprised me a visit.

“Congratulations Sydney! Mission accomplished” she informed happily and giving me a slight hug.

“Huh?” I replied in a confused state. Rose hugged me and said.

“Lissa already passed the bill. Jill is free and safe”

“Oh” I said finding no words to say and glanced away. Great! Now this is really goodbye.