Chapter 40: A Good Walk For The Morning

Peridot's P.O.V:

I wake up and I yawn. That was a good sleep. I look up, seeing Steven is asleep, probably tired from all that chatting with Zachary last night.

I should go outside, I'll take a walk around the area.

I open the door, I jump back.

"Z-Zachary!?"

"Woah!" Zachary exclaims and raises up his arms and slowly puts them down. "I-I'm just here to see Steven?"

I sigh in relief. "He's still in his daily sleeping ritual."

Zachary laughs. I wonder what's so funny! "Uh.." I say, like the crazy Peridot I am.

"You can just call it 'sleep'!" Zachary exclaims and goes back to laughing again.

I give him an annoyed face, I furrow my brows. Zachary opens one eye to me and continues laughing. "I'm sorry but.. It's just so funny!"

"Oh don't worry, Steven says that to me."

"Anyway, I'll be going for a walk, excuse me please." I say as I try to squeeze myself through.

"Wait!" Zachary grabs my arms. I turn around slowly, Zachary lets me go immediately.

"Can I go with you?" He asks me.

"Sure! Why not?"

Zachary chuckles then shrugs again. "I don't know, anyway, let's go!"

I nod and we both go down the stairs. I take one glance at the temple and I look away, we're walking on the streets of this area awkwardly.

"Err..." Zachary starts.

"Uh.." I continue the awkward situation happening between us. It's just so awkward!

"I'm sorry for making this awkward." I sigh.

"N-No! Don't worry about it!" Zachary snaps.

The silence of awkwardness comes again. I don't even know what's awkward between us. Is it me or him?

"Where's Connie, by the way?" I ask out of nowhere. Zachary shrugs and starts to sweat with a hint of red spots on his face. I don't think that's a blush.

"How did you and Steven meet anyway?" Zachary asks.

"Oh that was months ago. I was once an enemy of his crew, the Crystal Gems, but I redeemed myself after seeing the beauty of this planet and mostly Steven." I explain. Zachary nods and opens his mouth.

"So, the Crystal Gems are real?"

I give him a confused look. "W-What!? Of course they are!"

"I've always thought they're just a myth, protecting the earth for thousands of years. They're the everyday topic of our school. I hear the name 'Steven' everyday. So I wondered what's so great." Zachary points out. The Crystal Gems are famous?

"Also, I heard you and Steven saved the Earth from this thing called the cluster."

"How did you know!?"

"Oh it was easy, one of my classmates took a photo of you two drilling, but when you got deeper, it was dark." Zachary says. Wow! I didn't know humans know us!

I nod calmly. Until we reach the temple, w-wait! How long did this walk take!? Oh that doesn't matter.

I see Steven outside drinking his daily milk. He looks at us.

Zachary and I climb up the stairs. "Hey Steven!" Zachary greets.

"H-Hey."

"That was a great walk for the morning. Bye, Peridot!" Zachary exclaims and goes away.

I wave him bye and I turn back to Steven, who is staring at me.

"Wanna go in?" Steven asks.

"Sure." I nod and I sit down on the couch with him.

"Yo lovebirds." Amethyst warps in from the warpad.

"Hey Amethyst!" Steven waves his hand hello.

"Hello, Amethyst." I greet Amethyst.

Amethyst leaves with her sandwich and goes to her room.

"So that walk was...great?" Steven asks, with a hint of suspicion in his eyes.

"Yeah, Zachary is a good human being." I comment.

"Yes, he is." Steven mumbles and looks down with a small frown.

"Is there something wrong?"

"N-No! I'm just really tired." Steven replies and yawns. I chuckle, I know he's tired.

"You can rest if you want, I'll go outside."

"Okay. B-Be safe Peri, I love you." He mumbles.

--------

Hey my marshmallows! I just want to say thank you for all that support you're giving! Every vote from you makes me smile, please continue the support and I will feed you more of this book!

Also, this book might be up to 50-60 chapters and a second book, you heard me, a SECOND BOOK! I've already planned the story plot! And I'm so glad our exam's done XD.

I might make a longer chapter after this. Hang on, read, and chillax!