Chapter 27: Scenario Demonstration

Peridot's P.O.V:

The boy and the clod is walking towards us.

Steven's grumbling curses over himself and grabs me by the hand. He walks fast towards the temple with clutched fists.

"Woah!" I trip over a rock, Steven catches me. "Sorry."

"This is Steven, right?" The boy asks. He has a black T-shirt and jeans.

Connie punches him playfully. There's something suspicious that Steven isn't watching but instead grumbling curses and sweating.

"Hey, my name's Zachary." The boy introduces, he seems friendly. He reaches out his hand to Steven.

"It's Steven." Steven replies and gives him a hand shake.

"Cool!" Zachary exclaims and checks his watch. "We gotta go Connie. See ya Steven and that green thing.."

I growl. "It's Peridot."

Connie whispers something and walks ahead. Zachary smirks at me and follows her.

"Okay?" I say and I turn to Steven. "What's wrong?"

"Let's just go home and let's talk about it." He says and goes ahead.

I shrug and I roll my eyes in confusion. I follow him and I feel something's not right. Obviously.

-Time skip-

Steven sits on the couch and pats one space for me to sit on.

I sit on it and I raise my left eyebrow, wanting to know what's wrong.

Steven sighs. "Here it goes.."

"When I saw Connie and Zachary, I felt something.. Something not right..." He trails off. "Jealousy."

My face turns dark green, I'm actually jealous.

"What? Why?" I ask.

Steven blushes. "I don't know!" He crosses his arms.

The warp pad glows. Pearl, Amethyst, and Garnet comes in.

"Yo wondernerd!" Amethyst greets, Pearl comes to me and notices my star.

"Peridot's got a star!" Pearl announces.

"Yeah!" I proudly exclaim. "See? I am a Crystal gem!"

"We already know. You really are a crystal gem." Garnet smiles and fixes her visor.

"What do you think, Steven?" Amethyst winks and nudges him.

He blushes and opens his mouth trying to say something. "She looks amazing!"

"Thanks!" I reply. Now about the thing.

"So about the-" Garnet interrupts me by placing her hand on my shoulders and looking at me.

Silence fills the room. Eh.

"Awkward.." Amethyst says and opens the refrigerator to get food.

"Yeah.. I'll go make pie." Pearl says and grabs few ingredients for this 'pie'.

Garnet keeps looking at me. "Come."

I nod as I turn to Steven.

"Can I come?" Steven asks excitingly.

"Sorry, Steven, this is a private chat." Garnet says and leads me outside.

Steven nods and helps Pearl bake the pie.

I see the sunset in front of me as Garnet goes near me. "Peridot."

I suddenly feel shock. "Yes?" I turn to her.

"Steven will eventually tell Connie how he feels." Garnet says calmly.

"What?!" I growl.

"Why are you growling?" Garnet asks. I blush in embarrassment.

"Nothing." I chuckle sheepishly. "But what's gonna happen next?"

"After that, Steven will realize Connie is the one for her." Garnet calmly says.

I stiffen and I somehow feel tears from my eye. I wipe it and I laugh. "Future vision?"

Garnet nods.

"So? You're okay about that?" I ask. And so what? It's gonna happen. Yipee...

"No. Not quite." She says.

"Then why are you saying this to ME? How about Amethyst, Pearl, or even Steven?" I ask insanely. HAHA.

"Because you're the only one who can stop him from doing so. There is a different path which I cannot reach." She fixes her visor.

"Me?" I ask. Why me!?

"Yes. Because you're the only one closest to him besides Amethyst and Pearl. I feel that you're the right one." Garnet says.

I blush. "M-Me? C'mon! I'm just a Peridot! I'm not made to love!" I exclaim.

Garnet chuckles and her whole body is glowing, attempting to unfuse.

"Alright! We unfused!" Ruby announces.

That ruby from the barn!

"We will try to demonstrate the scenario." Sapphire sys and positions herself.

"Yeah, I'll shape shift into Steven and Sapphire will shape shift into Connie. Kay? Kay." Ruby says.

"Okay?" I gotta be 'Peridot'.

Ruby shape shifts into a red Steven and Sapphire shape shifts into a blue Connie.

Red Steven (Ruby) frowns. "C-Connie.."

Blue Connie (Sapphire) acts sad. "Yes, Steven?"

"I j-just want to say that I still like you and I was jealous of Zachary." Red Steven says and I stiffen.

"I accept you, Steven." Blue Connie smiles.

Red Steven blushes and hugs her. I feel UNCOMFORTABLE!

"STOP! STOP!" I cringe in anger. "Just STOP!"

Ruby and Sapphire returns to their original form and fuses.

"That's why you should do this." Garnet says.

I stand up. "I-I'll try.. But aren't you aware that Steven may... You know... Listening and watching us?" I ask.

"Not really. If he was, then I would've seen him. Because I know he's on his mother's room." Garnet points out. "Now, you should go inside."

I nod and I go inside. This is going to be hard..