Chapter 8: History of the Weres

The Mother and the Library above!

Everyone gapes at him, then we all break out in shouts and even more arguments than before.

"We'll burn them alive!" Someone yells.

"Their families too!" One adds.

All the Princes - excluding Xavier since he wouldn't leave my side- are whispering in the corner with frowns and glares on their faces, obviously in deep discussion.

The King must decide that there isn't much point trying to calm these idiots down and that he has much better things to do with his time, because he exits the room, followed by his guards.

I whisper to Xavier - I don't have to worry about anyone hearing me over their yells despite that they have advanced senses - just to be safe, "Ehy do the Vampires hate the Weres so much? We were never taught that in school."

He grins at me and leads me out of the room quickly so that no one notices we are gone.

Walking through new hallways that are dusty and obviously unused, we finally reach an old door that even Xavier has push quite hard to open. It creaks and squeaks and finally gives way to reveal a beautiful library. But it shows no signs of life; plants on the windowsills are dead, and there's a bird cage on a table that has nothing in. It's really creepy, and sad.

"Whose was it?" I ask Xavier, and he smiles grimly at me, replying "My mother's."

I gape at him, I had never asked him about his mother who I had never seen, and since we hadn't been taught about her in history at school, I didn't even know who his mother was or what had happened to her.

I'm such a terrible mate!

"She died in a fire that was set by Weres. She got trapped in one of the rooms in the old west wing after a wall collapsed. She was human, so she died instantly. My father destroyed the west wing straight after her funeral. He hated himself, he still does, because he couldn't get there in timetime since he was fighting Weres on the territory borders." Xavier tells me.

I gape at him, tears filling my eyes and I whisper that I'm sorry while trying to stop the salty water from dripping from my eyes.

Xavier looks shocked at my crying, and hugs me tightly.

"My love, it's over now. I have accepted it. But I will never forget her. She would bring me and my brothers in here and play hide and seek with us. Then she would read us out favourite fairy tales, mine was Cinderella, Sebastian's was Snow White, Phillip 's was Beauty and the Beast, and Leonardo 's was Sleeping Beauty. Of course, she read us the child friendly books, when we discovered the true Grimm tales, we never read the books again." He chuckled.

"She sounds wonderful." I whisper to him, and he replies "She was.".

We grasp at each other for a few silent minutes, needing each others company.

"Anyway," Xavier says hoarsely, "Let's teach you about the Weres history."

And walks to a tall bookcase, grasping one almost on the top shelf. Thank goodness he's so tall. Almost 6,7 o think!

He gives me the book and tells me to read while pulling me on top of him once we reach an armchair. He strokes my hair and kisses my temple.

So I read.

In the beginning, Weres and Vampires were treated equally, and were allies, fighting against other supernatural beings together, side by side.

But the Vampire King, Ronald, fell in love with a mortal man, and they were to be married on the Winter solstice. However, the Werewolf King, Matthew, was disgusted by this. He believed that only men and women were meant to be together, so he planned to kill the Vampire's mate.

But when Matthew saw the man who would marry the Vampire King, he, too, fell in love with the man. So he kidnapped the poor mortal, planning to mate him.

The Vampire King went mad with anger at the loss of his mate, and planned to infiltrate the Werewolf castle.

But Matthew discovered this plot, and prepared his men for the battle between old friends.

On the night of the battle, many lives were lost, men, women and children.
Anyone who got in the way of Ronald was killed instantly, his need for his mate blanked out any other emotions.

The two Kings finally stood head to head in the battle, away from the rest of the fighting, but the human stood nearby, scared and worried for both of the men.

In the end, they were both bloody and wounded, both half dead. They both knew that neither could win, and with their last breath, plunged their swords into each others hearts. The two, once friends, looked into each others eyes as they died, and the human saw this.

Once they died, he, too, plunged their swords into his heart, and when the two parties found them, they mourned for the loss of their two Kings.

But they never forgave each other, which is why they are still fighting today, and will for the rest of existence, most likely.

I stare at the book. What a horrible story!

Xavier chuckles at my expression, "I know, love. I had the same thoughts when I read the story as well. The Weres have royalty for their own species though, so I'm not sure why we are at war with the other species as well. Other species are ones like cougars, rabbits, hyenas and many others."

I frown. Maybe when Xavier is King he'll change that. And if I become Queen, I'll be sure to make a difference between all the species as well.

Wow! More than 1,000 words! 1031 words altogether! I'm very happy with this, as well! I'm on fire! Thankyou for the support I've been getting for this book, everyone! And I'm not even halfway through this book yet! I would really appreciate a comment though, just to say what you think of the book and if you think it needs any major improvements. Thanks for reading everyone!