Chapter 7: Meeting With the King

Me and Xavier head through the hallways to the meeting room where the King is and wants us. Xavier grips my hand tightly, as if knowing that something bad is about to happen.

Once we arrive in the meeting room, we see many people arguing and shouting at each other. The other Princes are here as well, and the King is sat down, watching everyone argue.

A large man dressed in red and gold robes marches over to us," Why is she here? She is only a maid, not anything important. Wh*re!" He hisses at me and spits on the floor next to my foot. His fangs are out and his eyes are red, making me back away into Xavier's chest in fear.

A chilling growl echoes throughout the room, making everyone fall silent at the evil sound. The man who insulted me pales instantly and backs away, stuttering, "I'm so s - sorry M-my L-lor-d.... p - please...." But his cries go unheard.

I spin around to see what was wrong, and now I know why.

Xavier's eyes are an abyss on black, with lines like cracks all around them; his fangs are out, long white needles that are pointed at the man that spat at me.

He strides towards the man and grips his neck in his hands.

"Please, I-I will n-never do i-it again!" The man stutters.

"No," Xavier gives a chilling smile," You won't." And twists the man's neck so that it snaps, and his body falls to the floor, dead.

Then, Xavier pulls his sword out if the sheath and cuts off the man's head; everyone knows that the only way to kill a Vampire is to each other stab them in the heart or cut off their head with silver, or to burn them alive. Of course, stakes work but you have to be right up close to them, which is hard to do and very dangerous, since they're so strong and fast.

The King snaps his fingers at the guards by the doors, and they drag the dead body through the doors.

He rolls a his eyes and glares at us all distastefully," Everyone sit down. I called you here for a reason and if ONE MORE PERSON TALKS AGAINST ME I WILL RIP THEIR HEAD OFF AND FEED THEIR BLOOD TO THEIR FAMILIES. Am I clear?"

We all sit down silently, too scared to do anything other than what he says.

"Now. I am about to tell you all something that must be kept quiet until I make a public announcement." The King announces, staring us all in the eye.

"We are at war with the Weres."

Sorry for the short chapters so far but PLEASE comment what you want to happen. I need some filler chapters so PLEASE comment!

Thanks for reading and please vote!