Accidents Happen

Okay so this is a paramedic!riarkle AU. I don't how much of this is accurate, my googling skills can only take me so far and seeing as I'm not allergic to anything nor am I a paramedic I had to rely on Google. If there are any glaringly obvious errors feel free to point them out.

They're about 20/21 in this. Surprisingly, you only have to be over 18 and have been an EMT to be a paramedic. Go figure.

This is so fucking fluffy I can't believe I wrote this.

Line of Dialogue Series:

In which she's kind of glad he forgot.

Rating T: for swearing mostly, trigger warning just in case but no one really dies but better to be safe than sorry, 

Words: 1279

"I can't breathe!"

Her fork clatters loudly on her plate. Maya notices her pale face. "Riles, are you okay?" Oblivious Lucas takes another bite of his steak.

Riley raises a trembling hand to her neck, "I can't breathe." Her vision is getting spotty, Maya and Lucas are becoming blurry. Sitting is suddenly a huge effort.

"Riley," Something falls to the floor. It's only Maya's screaming that makes her realize that it's her. She fell on the floor.

"Stay with me Riley!" Warm hands cradle her face. "Call 911 you fucking Huckleberry!"

"What was in the salad?" She pants, her tongue feels ten times bigger. "That's the only thing I ate."

Maya flags down a waiter, "Yes, you." He bends down and unwillingly finds himself nose to with Maya. "You're going to tell me what the hell was in that salad or so help me god you're going to be lying right next to her." 

The poor waiter gulps, looks at Riley, then at the salad, and immediately begins listing ingredients.

"Lettuce, Swiss cheese, onions, mustard, olive oil..." He trails off nervously.

"What kind of salad..."

"It's a cashew salad ma'am."

Maya explodes, "Cashews? She's allergic to cashews! Honey, why would you order a cashew salad?" Riley shakes her eyes, it wasn't her.

"I didn't." She wheezes at Maya's outline. Lucas had ordered for her. They'd been in the bathroom primping while Maya listed off all the reasons he was wrong for her.

Maya gently sets her head on the ground before springing to her feet. "Huckleberry!"

Lucas turns around phone pressed to his ear, "They said the paramedics should be here any minute now. We're lucky the hospital is close by." He laughs.

Maya screams bloody murder and for once, Riley isn't there to stop her.

"I'm gone for five seconds and you murder my best friend!" There's a grunt. "Five seconds! That's all it takes for you to kill her."

"She never told me she was allergic to anything!"

Yes, she had. The purple and green lights are beginning to fade and she thinks it's ironic that this is how she dies. Her boyfriend of two years being unable to remember she's allergic to cashews.

"You're her best friend, shouldn't you have an EpiPen?" His voice sounds like it's coming through a tube which now that she thinks about it goes great with her tunnel vision.

"No, because I'm not stupid enough to give her cashews!" Maya yells back.

"Are you calling me stupid?"