Comfort

this prompt was sent to me via tumblr

riarkle/lucaya prompt: Lucas chooses maya, Riley runs off somewhere, farkle finds Riley and comforts her/kiss or whatever lol

There's no kiss because it didn't really feel right, it felt more of like a rebound so I took your whatever and ran with it.

Rating K: angst

Words: 346

In which she is hurting.

It was just a crush.

But saying that didn't lessen the pain of seeing Lucas and Maya having a smoothie together, laughing like everything was alright and she wasn't falling to pieces. It was just a crush she repeated.

It was what her mom said when she stroked her hair in the dark bay window. It was what her father kept reiterating whenever he walked up to the blackboard to 'teach' them something. It was what the whole world classified their relationship as. But surely crushes didn't have the ability to take her heart out and stomp on it like Lucas had.

She turned away from the glass, silently scoffing at the heart shaped dot floating above Topanga's in the bakery window.

Love. What a joke. Except here she was crying over it. Was she crying? Yep, that's where that salty flavor had come from.

"Riley?"

She didn't even bother to wipe her face. It wasn't like Farkle hadn't seen her cry before. In this exact spot, over the exact same reason.

He immediately pulled her into a hug, something that was so unlike Farkle but she wasn't going to say no to a hug, not when she felt like the world around her was moving on and she was still at a standstill. Stuck in the visions of a bright eyed seventh grader who thought she had her entire life planned out.

"It hurts so much Farkle," she whispered.

He rubbed her back, "You love him. It's allowed to hurt. You're allowed to hurt."

"I don't want to love him," Riley hiccupped, pulling away she wiped at her face, mimicking her actions from months ago.

Farkle gave her arm a light squeeze, a sad smile on his lips "Sometimes we don't get a choice."

Riley stared up at him wondering what he could have meant by that but before she could ask he was taking her arm leading her away from Topanga's.

"C'mon, I'll walk you home."

She looks back one more time at the couple inside the bakery, only this time seeing them together hurts a little less.

"Okay," she agrees.

Together they start the journey to Riley's bay window. The future looking a tad brighter.