Chapter 3~

Toews' POV:

"Just know we are always here for you." I smile.

"Thanks guys!" Katlin say as she hugs Kane and I. I think Katlin is really awesome! She is really fun to be around, and her personality is amazing. She is such a sweet girl. I know she will have a very happy life with Kane, the team and I.

"Well, we'll give you some privacy. If you need anything, just call." Kane sad and Katlin smiles. I close the door and Kane and I walk down to the living room. Kane jumps on the couch, and I walk into the kitchen.

"Can you get me a beer?" Kane asks and I shake my head.

"No." I say.

"What? Tazer!" he whines.

"You and Sharp drank it all, remember?" I say and he thinks for a second.

"No we didn't! Someone stole my beer!" he say and I laugh.

"Calm down, no one took you beer." I say and I sit on the other side if the couch.

"Oh no!" Kane says right before I sit down.

"What?" I ask.

"Sit in the chair."

"Kane, this is my place, just as it is yours." I say.

"Fine." he growls. He always does this to me. Sometimes he could just piss me off.

He turns on the TV and the news is on. Kane watches it and I sigh.

"Come on, there has to be something better than the local news." I say and Kane shakes his head.

"Nothing is really on until 9." He replies.

"Well that is 2 hours away."

"So?"

"Whatever." I say as I roll my eyes. I hear the door to Katlin's room open than close. She walks down the stairs and over to where Kane and I are sitting.

"Katlin, what's wrong?" I say and she smiles.

"Nothing, just came to get something to drink." she says as she walks into the kitchen. She takes a water from the fridge and walks back to her room. She is very quite, never really says much.

"Dude did you ever notice how quite Katlin is?" Kane asks and I nod.

"Yeah. Is she hiding something?" I ask as I look toward her room.

"Well her past could have a lot to do with it."

"True." The people at the Witness Protection adoption place told us about Katlin's life. It was so hard to hear...

Katlin's father abused her and her mother left her. The one night her father got so drunk he killed himself, right in front of 12 year old Katlin. She ran out and right to the police station where they took care if her while her aunt flew in from Florida. She went to live with her aunt, and had a happy life for 4 years. But one day she was kidnapped while walking home from school. She was missing for weeks, until they found her on the street. She was bleeding and had bruises and scrapes all over her. She was rushed to the ER, were she spent one brutal week fighting for her life.

The doctors found brain damage form this asshole beating her. She had to go into surgery and almost lost her life several times during the surgery. When she turned 16, she was taken into the witness protection program and now lives with Kane and I.

This story made me want to cry. I felt so bad for her, and like I wanted to travel back in time and stop all this from happing. She has these scars for the rest of her life, and it kills me. I will never let anything happen to her.

"Tazer?" Kane asks and I look at him.

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"I'm fine, thanks." I say as I get up and walk to Katlin's room. "Kate?" I ask as I knock on the door. She opens it and let's me in.

"Hey! Just putting everything away and settling in." she smiles.

"Need any help?" I ask and she smiles.

"If you would like to help, but you don't have too." she smiles.

"No it's fine." I say and she smiles. We finish putting everything away and she takes a seat in her bed an I sit next to her.

"Tazer, can I tell you something?" Kate asks and I nod.

"You can tell me anything." I say as I hug her.

"I know that I have only known you and Kane for a day or so, but I feel like this is going to be a great life. I feel so safe around you two." she says and that causes me to smile.

"We are always here for you, and we would never let anyone hurt you." I say as I hug her. .

"Thanks." she says as she hugs me back. "So when am I going to get to meet the team?" she asks excitedly.

"Soon. Three days." I say and she smiles.

"Yay!!!!!" she says and I laugh.

"Katlin?" I ask as she gets up and walk over to get her phone from the charger.

"Yeah?"

"Come on. I have someone I want you to meet." I say as I pick her up and carry her to my car. She grabs her phone and tries to escape my grip.

"Tazer! Put me down!" she demands. I walk into the living room and Kane looks at me.

"Dude!" he says as he jumps off the couch.

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt her." I laugh.

"Where are you taking me?" Katlin asks.

"Somewhere." I smile.

"This is freaking me out!" she screams.

"Where you taking her?" Kane asks and I smile. "Got it." he says as he grabs his keys and throws them to me. I walk down to the car and place Kate in the back. I pull out of the parking lot and hit the highway.

"Tazer?" she asks and I look in the rear view mirror at her.

"Kate. Everything is okay." I say and she sits back.

"I feel like everything is happing again." she says and I cant take my eyes off her. I keep looking at the road and than back at Kate.

"Kate, I am taking to you to see a friend. Calm down." I say and she smiles. "What?"

"Got you!" she says and I smile.

"Kate!" I say and she laughs. I pull into Hossa's driveway and park. I turn off the car and turn to Kate.

"Where are we?" she asks.

"I know who your favorite Hawks player is, other than Kane and I." I smile and she looks at me confused.

"WHAT? Did you go through my things?" she screams.

"What? No! The lady at the agency told us." I explain.

"So are you telling me where at his house?" she asks and I nod.

"Yes." I say and she screams. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola guys! Some Spanish for you :) Sorry for the short chapter!

Hope you like the story so far!

Vote and comment! Thanks :)

Sorry for any errors!