Chapter 4: In which I am consumed

Start from the beginning

I got lost in thought while Lizzy explained all the places the Prince had been to. 

So he was searching for his life mate. I think I vaguely remember hearing that. When your an omega though, reading through 'Werewolf Weekly' wasn't high on the list of things to do. 

Lifemates for werewolves were rare and hard to find. Alpha Bruno told me one time that only 14% of werewolf's found their life mate. Most people did find the love of their life- just not their soul mate. 

Mother and Father were life mates, I mused... I winced at the end of their love story though. 

I registered Lizzy's voice, jerking me out of my train when she said, ".....when he came I was so excited and nervous I- "

"Wait," I interrupted,  "When who came?" 

"The Prince, Fayette!" Lizzy sighed and said, "he's so dark and handsome and didn't speak but-"

"What do you mean the Prince came?" I asked. "When did the Prince come?" 

Lizzy looked at me with blank eyes. 

"Ummmm.... I think.... Ya.....I'm pretty sure he came at the beginning of his search....like....two years ago?" she said, giving me an uncertain look.

"I never met him!" I yelled. "Where was I?" 

Lizzy gasped and then started to laugh hard. "Oh Fayette," she said between gasps of breaths, "don't tell me you were working while the Prince came!" Lizzy leaned down and couldn't talk anymore with the hysterical laughter that had taken over her. 

"Ya," I grumbled. "Ha Ha, Boo Hoo me. Missed the Prince while I was working!" I smiled at Lizzy who was still laughing and wiping tears from her face. 

"I'm sorry Fayette," she gasped, "It's just, ha ha ha ha, only you! This could only happen to you!" 

I couldn't hold it back anymore. Her laughter was infectious. I burst out laughing myself. 

"I was probably cleaning the toilet!" I gasped. 

Lizzy laughed harder. "Then it's a good thing you didn't meet him!" 

We couldn't talk after that. 

I laughed so hard my sides started to hurt. But we still kept laughing. It was the fact that we were able to laugh. Able to sit on the front porch and be like this that made me not want the moment to stop. 

I only disobeyed Alpha Bruno's orders once

I only disobeyed Alpha Bruno's orders once. Only once in my life did I go against what the Alpha wanted. 

"Don't give him what he wants Fayette," Alpha Bruno said, looking down at me with burning gold eyes- letting me know that his anger was getting to him. 

I nodded. "I won't," I whispered. 

Alpha Bruno sighed and gave me a hug and then left me to go to bed.