New chapter 2

I use all of my remaining strength to haul Jodie up to her feet and support her weight.
"Thank you, you shouldn't have done that, now you will get hit twice as hard." Jodie whispers
I can see her in pain, from the short time I was gone he has managed to hurt her. Why can't he just give up the the alcohol, if he did everyone's life would be so much easier.
"Of coarse I had to, you know I wouldn't have just left you there for him to hurt you anymore."
I haul her onto the bed and leave the room to find an ice-pack for her side. Sighing I close the freezer and make my up to the medical room where Jodie was.
My dad owns his own company and makes quite a lot of money from it, although we have never had any money problems he would still starve us and neglect our needs so Jodie and I have to do work to make our own money. Yes working isn't for your money isn't bad, what's bad is having to work to feed yourself,clothe yourself and take care of yourself because our rich father neglects us.
"Here, lift your t-shirt up so I can see the damage." I place the ice-pack on her lap whilst she struggles to lift her arms above her head.
I help her ease of her clothes as I inspect the damage that the devil has caused. From the bruises and the deep purple colour I think she may have broken some ribs but how many I don't know.
I run my fingers along her ribs and from what I can make of it she has 3 broken ribs on her right side. The most I can do for her is wrap it up and apply ice-packs to it until tomorrow.

After sorting Jodie out and making sure she's okay I walk as fast as I can to the convenience shop 2 blocks away. Showing my fake ID to the worker I walk back  home with the vodka.
When I arrive I am met at the door, my dad shakes his head and points his watch in a mocking matter.
"Girl you are 10 minutes late so I will beat you and Jodie, you have no- one to blame but yourself." He smirks at me, like he enjoys taunting me, which he does if I am being truthfully. I hang my head and let my straight hair fall in front of my face. I climb the steps leading down into the beatings room only to see Jodie already in their tied up with a gag in her mouth.
My father spoke as if he had a great idea and from previous experience his new great ideas were always awful, especially for us. "I have found a new way to torture you both, Ah, my dearest Alex I will torture you, and Jodie hmm I have something special for you. You get to watch."
He shoves more rags into her mouth and cello tapes it shut 4 times making her mouth look like a star.
He punches me straight in my jaw my head whips to the side so fast I am surprised I haven't got whiplash.
The next thing I knew, my body went crashing through the glass table behind me. It shattered into a million pieces.
Pain was all I felt on my back, my side, my arms and my legs. Everywhere just hurt. The next thing I knew, he brought his foot quickly to the bottom of my jaw. Blood was spilling from the inside of my mouth, but I got up.
My body aches, I am so tired of this, who the hell does he think he is. I know it was my fault that everyone was gone from his life but he had me and he had Jodie but he just doesn't care. Anger filled my fist and quickly my knuckles met his cheekbone. I hit him so hard, my own hand stung for a little bit. There was blood all over the red carpet. There was no way of telling who the blood belonged to.

I was mortified, how could I have done that to my own father, was just as bad as he was. Using my anger to hurt people I care about, that wasn't like me and the more I thought about me becoming more like him I could feel my heart breaking. I never wanted be him and I am, I just hit  someone who I care about, yes he is abusive but he is still my father it's also my fault he is how is, if would have been a better daughter maybe things wouldn't have turned out this way. I slide down the wall and pulled my knees to chest wrapping my arms
around them sobbing into my knees.
I look up to see my fathers shocked expression and instantly felt sick, I disgust myself. I couldn't take it anymore I had to let out food I was forcing myself to hold in. Crawling in pain over the broken glass of table I made my to the corner of the room to relieve myself of the pressure in the back of my throat. It hurts, I have nothing left to throw up so its just this yellow greenish bile, the acid is burning my throat and it feels like my throat is one second from wearing away. A few stray tears left my eyes as the burning sensation continues, it's like an animal is clawing at my throat and I let a sigh of relief once I have found I can stop puking slumping to ground after spilling my guts out. This is what being like my father made me feel like, I hated the idea of violence towards others and even yourself but I just did, I just had a violent outburst and I had to force myself not to cry, crying would get me no-where.
"I'm so sorry!" I whispered so quietly I'm sure if he even heard my apology just as was about to apologise again I felt a stinging sensation make my cheek tingle and begin to burn but when I look at my fathers eyes I see more fire in them than I have seen before.
Even though he is pinning me down on the floor I can still see his hand searching for something until lands on a glass shard from the table picking it up he smirks and looks behind him, I follow his line of sight until my gaze land on Jodie with her eyes shut whimpering.

"You might want to look at this Jodie, it's going to be fun to watch." Turning to look at me again "It's not going hurt that much I promise... Well, you can't trust my promises, because I will enjoy every second of your torture." His evil gin told me that, it was completely true it's going to hurt like a bitch.

He slashed the glass on my thighs, arms stomach and back before pulling himself off of me. To be honest I have had much worse, I just jinxed myself as he came back with the bottle of vodka I had bought him just an hour ago and watched as he unscrewed the cap and took a swig of it. He then turned to face Jodie, his back was towards me so tried to subtly creep away but he has eyes in the back of his head as he turned around and tied me up in a starfish position with my arms and legs spread. Turning back to Jodie he forced her eyes open and started laughing in her face when he saw the tears drop from her eyes. "Do you want some?" He asked taking another swig and chuckled to himself when Jodie violently shook her head.
Turning back to me he ungagged me and brought the bottle down to my nose and asked the same question.
"Do you want some, my daughter."
"No" I cried thrashing legs even though I knew it was no use.
He face darkened as his eyes turned to slits and his lips made a straight line.
"Now listen here 'o' precious daughter of mine you will have some." He spits in my face he tries to get me drink it but I make my lips go tight and turn my head away from him.
"Fine, if this is how you want to play, we will play this way." He hissed before pouring the bottle of vodka all over my open wounds.
All you could hear were my screams filling the room, after a while I just felt numb.
I stopped screaming he stopped pouring the alcohol over my body.I began to notice things I didn't before, I can smell the damp wood, I can smell the stench of my vomit, I can smell the alcohol radiating from my father. I can hear the chair Jodie's sitting on scraping across the floor, I can hear her whimpers, I can hear my fathers shallow breathing. I can see the glazed over eyes of my father looking at me, I can see the tears that are falling from Jodie's brown eyes, I can see nothing but darkness as the pain hits me once again full force. Pouring the rest of the demons drink over me I can feel myself losing consciousness but it's not normal, I can still hear,smell,taste and touch things but I can't open my eyes, I can't move and I can't speak. It's like I am in my body but also outside of it, I am laying there rigid unable to move; I think I'm paralysed.
I feel someone pick me up bridal style and place me on my bed, I can hear another set of soft footsteps.
"Put her pyjamas on please... And also thank you." Says the voice I now recognise as my older brother Josh's.
"Of coarse it's no problem at all, now go and help Jodie." My best friend Dannielle says. I wonder why she's here with my brother.

As she takes of my clothing off and gently puts on my pyjamas, I can finally get my mouth to work "Jodie needs to go to the hospital, I am sure she has broken ribs" I whisper as my voice is cracking and I did not want her to worry about me

"Josh has his doctors degree, he will fix her up, you need to get some sleep I have already called in your work sick, so just relax." She says
"Why are you Josh together?" I asked
" I will tell you when your better,okay."
I simply nod and let myself fall asleep glad it's a Friday meaning I have no school tomorrow.