Chapter Twelve- "What Did I Just Do..."

Start from the beginning

            I was about to call him before I heard him open the door.

            “Babe?” His footsteps thudded upstairs into my room and he set his duffle bag on the bed. I noticed he changed into jeans and a white V-neck t-shirt. He looked so sexy.

            He scanned me over and a small smile appeared on his lips. “You look adorable.”

            “Thank you.” I blushed.

            “So!” He yelled before jumping on the bed, “What do you want to do today? Cuddle? Maybe watch a movie?” He put his head on my chest and froze once he saw what was on my screen.

            “Oh are you um, voting?” He looked warily at me, knowing he’d been caught.

            “Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked quietly.

            “I was going to. I just, um. I don’t really know if it’s the best idea to go, that’s all…” his voice trailed off and he fumbled with my sweatshirt.

            “Why would it be bad if we go?”

            I don’t get it. Why wouldn’t he want to go? He’s nominated for a lot of awards. This would be amazing for his career.

            “Sophia I just don’t really want to go. I’d much rather like watch a movie with you or something.” He started planting kisses down my neck.

            This didn’t make sense. He’s rarely ever missed an awards show. Why would he want to start now? His fans were counting on him; they wanted to see him there. I know they did. What changed?

            Wait…

            I moved away from him as realization hit me. “You don’t want to be seen with me do you?” I crossed my arms over my chest, feeling self-conscious, and Justin sat up in bed to glare at me.

            “Sophia, what? Not this again, c’mon. That’s not it at all. You’re stunning. Why wouldn’t I want to be seen with you? Any guy would be crazy not to be.” He ran his fingers through his hair getting frustrated.

            “Then why is it such a big deal if we go? Justin you rarely miss awards shows. Your fans have been voting for you non-stop. They want to see you there.”

            This was so confusing. What was the big deal? If it wasn’t me then what was it? It’s almost like he read my mind once he noticed me thinking about it.

            “It’s not, I just… I know…” He didn’t know what to say.

            “Justin what’s going on? Does this have something to do with this morning?” I shuddered, remembering his outburst.

            “No.” he replied too quickly. “It doesn’t. It’s fine if we go. I just didn’t know if you’d be okay with going, that’s all.”

            I shrugged and turned away from him. “I don’t care. I’ll do this for you. I’d do anything for you.”

            He sighed and his face fell. “I know babe, I know.”

            We laid in silence together not saying anything for a while before I felt him roll on top of me and kiss me hard.

-------- 

            I turned the TV off just as Step Brothers ended. I was lying in between Justin’s legs, playing with his hands that were wrapped around my neck.