2 ↑Orbs of Magic↑

Myra POV

There was nothing but a blur of movement, and I already knew he was heading to close the gap between us.

All I could do was trust my bodily instincts to meet him right there in the middle.

I stared into his eyes, trying to focus on just one colour. A man like him shouldn't be described as beautiful, but he was. His chocolate brown hair and natural uplift of his lips only made him more intriguing and warm.

Kole wrapped his arms around my waist and tugged lightly, pulling me closer-bad move because that brought me back into reality.

'No, no, no, I have to finish this,' I said pushing him away.

'You crave the throne that bad?'

'I don't crave a throne. I crave a game. And I'm going to finish it.'

'Well the rules never said you couldn't have a little help,' he taunted with a boyish smile. The smile caused lines to appear beside his eyes and cheeks, sending butterflies to my stomach.

No one could say no to that.

'Fine. But don't try anything,' I warned him.

'I would never,' he said firmly with a faint glint in his eyes, which only told me otherwise.

I narrowed my eyes at Kole before I took off, deeper into the woods. What I didn't expect was a full blood bath around me.

Just a distraction.

The atmosphere had a scent of death, and Addie growled lowly. But there were still wolves mid-battle.

It was a battle of blood.

'Choose the correct members of a pack- look out for their traits. What are they fighting for- love or hate?' Kole urged from behind me.

Addie, now's your chance.

Fuck yes.

I heard a few bones crack here and there as I shifted into my wolf, as did Kole. His coat was thick and glossy, a deep chocolate brown- almost black while his eyes were still two different colours of magic. And I won't lie, his frame was freaking huge.

'Chase,' Addie noted.

Well I guess we didn't need introductions then.

I took a good look at the wolves snapping and shredding each other to parts, and Addie instantly focused on a she-wolf with sandy coloured fur and violet eyes. Her perception of moves was skilful, but they were not done maliciously- just wisely with finesse.

Running after her, I nipped her lightly on the throat to propose her a place in my so called 'pack.'

Without hesitation, she accepted.

She took off instantly to go fetch another wolf- who was only a pup. How was he still alive?

The battle continued as Addie and I carefully chose more members to join the pack. I looked over at Kole to see him in another section of a different battle, still choosing as his test.

We both ended up with at least twenty wolves, and we all made a move to the next test.

*****

'You are not fit to be queen! You make the wrong decisions of an alliance with these packs across the world!' The councillor yelled at me.

Asshole.

My pack and I sat in chairs which were across from five bigger throne-like chairs where the councillors sat in black and red robes.

Kole's head snapped up towards them as a growl ripped from his throat at the other end of the hall.

'Kole, stop it! Focus on your test!' I whispered at him with a glare. He calmed down from the sound of my voice and turned back to his test with his own pack.

'Councillor, if I may, it is not you who will suffer the alliance- only me, for I have made sure the meetings will only be held in their territory. I shall have the king stay back, after all.'

The Councillor, satisfied with my answer sat back down.

I suddenly realised one of the councillor's seats were empty. From the corner of my eye, I spotted the reason for that empty chair. And he was sprinting towards us.

With a sword.

I sprang up in fury, as did my pack, and stood in line ready to face him. Being a Councillor, he probably could have taken us all down, but I stood my ground.

'Traitor! Put your weapon down, and your death will be swift, painless,' I ordered.

'Not a chance,' he spat.

'So be it.'

I realised I in fact did not have my sword, so I held my hand up to automatically catch one, thrown at me by a faithful member of my pack.

Taking one glance back, I gave a nod of thanks to whoever passed me his or her weapon.

I met the robed Councillor with a clang of metal to metal as we almost danced a fight. My feet were too quick for him, but his perception was just as fast. His sword raked through my already ripped shirt, and he held me by the throat.

Squeezing tighter, the air to my lungs cut off, but was suddenly released. The councillor's expression stayed shocked and he dropped to the ground, choking on his own blood.

I looked up with pride at the same female I had chosen first with a sword in her hand, blood shining at the tip of it. Although we had all shifted into human form, I knew it was her from her violet eyes and sandy coloured hair.

'Nova,' she stated, bowing a little.

'Jesus don't bow- I'm Myra, by the way.'

'Myra, congratulations, I believe you just passed the test of the reaction and the traitor,' she beamed.

'I did..?'

'Uh-huh. Damn quick at it too.'

I returned a smile, and took a glance at the other end of the hall to find Kole. His pack was already done and seemed to be moving ahead already.

'Wolves of my faithful pack, please, make a move to the final test!' I shouted, loud enough for them to hear.
They cheered in unison as Nova ran beside me with a grin still plastered across her face.

'What are you grinning at, Cheshire Cat?'

'Oh...nothing, I just have a feeling we're going to be very good friends.'

'I don't doubt it,' I smirked.

☁︎ Here's another chapter! It'll get more exciting, promise!

There's Kole up top for yall btw

Thanks for reading//voting xo

Enjoy