Chapter 7

Lucy's P.O.V

The walk to the guild was, unfortunately, short and I arrived there at a moment's notice. I was tempted to stay inside because of the temperature and the fact that he needs to be a gentleman and look for me. In hindsight, it'll probably be a disaster with the guild members ganging up on us and asking all types of questions. Standing right in front of the door I waited, and waited and waited until I checked the time on my rose gold watch to see that it's 9:34. Yeah, no this is not going to work with me.

I started to walk back very angry and a tad bit humiliated. Until bright car lights blinded me and stopped right in front of me. The door slammed shut and revealed no other then Daichi himself. The mere sight of him flared up my anger and I stomped away.

"Lucy please get in the car." He pinched the bridge of his nose like he was dealing with an immature child. How dare he! Ignoring him even more, I continued walking.

"Lucy!" He called again and to that, I flipped him the birdie. No one wastes my time. I hear him jogging behind me and out of now where he picked me up by the waist and began to carry me to the car. In pure anger, I stomp my heels on his expensive Italian shoes hoping to get to the toes underneath. When he cursed and let me go, I knew I did just that.

Wincing in pain he clenched his jaw and spoke through his teeth, "Lucy, babe, get in the fucking car." Raising an eyebrow at his temper I began to, again, walk away and hope that he doesn't follow me. "I don't like my time being wasted Daichi. You said nine, I said fine. Now, look at the time you came? You're lucky all I did stomp on your foot." I said blank not even turning around to give him any form of recognition.

"We're on first name basis Luce? Glad to hear. Now I'm sorry I'm late, but I have a good reason for it. Come to dinner with me and I'll tell you everything." What does this man take me for? A fool?

"No Daichi. If you have a reason, tell me now because I can just as easily make plans with someone else." To that, he sighed. Looking over my body with a hunger I've become all too familiar with, he gives me a look that gives me all the compliments I need.

"Stay on topic, Mr. Oshiro." I bit out. The air wasn't getting any warmer and all I wanted was some food, warmth, and company.

"My mother had a tantrum," he laid out simply. You must think that it is a ridiculous reason and that a grown man should be able to sooth his distressed mother. Well, no. His mother is the biggest piece of work a person would ever have to put up with.

"About what?" I can think of at least fifty different things that might tick that woman off.

"You." I can't say I'm surprised.

"And you still came momma's boy? What made you bless me with your presence?" I replied back sarcastically.

"I wanted to have dinner with you, and nothing can stop that," he stated seriously. Words. All I'm hearing are words. Then I remember the man that is sick at home waiting for me to come back. No restaurant nearby is open at this time, and I really want to have extra food until I go grocery shopping.

"You have one hour. No more than that. Your time starts now." His face lights up as he thinks I am giving him a chance, but all I wanted to do is go back to Natsu.

~*~

Arriving at the restaurant was a breath of fresh air compared to the heavy atmosphere of the car. The disinterest mainly came from me because I wasn't interested. Not anymore. The hostess kindly checked us in, but not without blushing and giggling from Daichi's charm. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, and instead, stood there annoyed and put my weight on one leg, consequently showing the full curve of my hips. The first three minutes of chuckles and compliments were the easiest to get by, but after the fifth minute I cleared my throat and interrupted their conversation, "Excuse me, but where did you say our table was again?"