Chapter 2

Lucy's P

Lucy's P.O.V

The gentle lullaby of the rain from last night lulled me to sleep until mid morning. I awoke to strong arms wrapped waist and a mysterious face nuzzled into my neck. I know what you're thinking, 'Oh my gosh Natsu snucked in again Lucy why won't you kicked him out?' I invited him over that's why. After going through so much in the war and almost losing him...I couldn't do it. He had nightmares, I knew this for a while. I watched over him in the weeks after Zeref's War to make sure he was fed and getting enough sleep. Of course his house was a mess so I stressed cleaned it to perfection and even then the hole in my heart grew larger each day. I needed his laugh, I needed his smile I needed his energy that gave me motivation to wake up each morning. It took us a while as a pair to nurse each other back to health mentally and physically, but when we finally did we were stronger than ever. 

Somehow over the weeks he began sleeping at my place more and more until it was a daily occurrence. I was so thrilled at the thought of him opening up to me that I didn't even mind it. Hell, I welcomed it. As time goes by his things and mine mingle to a point where it becomes our things.

I cracked my eyes open and bit and took several moments before carefully lifting the arm off my waist and sliding off the bed. That was the plan until the same arm captured me even tighter and Natsu deep raspy voice resonated in my ear, "Don't go". Good lord that voice things to me that should be considered illegal.

"Natsu, we have to go the guild." I croaked back. He was quiet for several moments before he changed the conversation. Picking up my thighs, he rolled me on top of him so that he was looking up at me. It didn't get intense until he said, " You look good in my shirt". A blush involuntary dusted my cheeks and he pulled me down so that my ear was by his mouth. 

"You should wear it more often" he whispered as though it was our dirty secret and nibbled on my earlobe. Where did we need to go again? My train of thought was clearly derailed and went off the cliff when our lips were a breath away from contact. 

Closer 

and 

closer 

and 

cl- Ringggg 

I quickly shot up and rushed over to the lacrima before I could do anything that I would regret.

"Hello?" I attempted to speak clearly ignoring the fact that my heart is running a hundred miles per hour. Another thing I tried and fail to do was pay attention to the call on the other end. Natsu got up and ran his hand through his shoulder length hair before stretching. Shirtless. In some boxer briefs that made his butt look all types of right.

"Okay Lucy?" Mira questioned on the other end.

"Huh? Yeah sure, I'll be there in thirty." I dismissed and quickly hung up the phone. Rude I know but if I spent any longer ogling my best friend she might hear my pants through the phone. These have been thoughts have been plaguing me for the past few years, but it is only recently has everything magnified and gotten out of control. I picked out shredded white jeans paired with a red button down shirt over a black tank top. Keeping in mind that I had set an appointment with Mira for God knows what I hurried along and got myself dressed. I brushed my hair back into a high ponytail and did light makeup and accessories and I was out the door. With Natsu of course. It seemed for the rest of the morning he disappeared and showed up just when I was about to leave, not that I was complaining. 

The skies were forecasting a great storm that you can taste with the humidity in the air. The brisk walk and moisture in the atmosphere not only woke me up but gave a skin a dewy look and feel. Stepping into the guild that sight before me left me confused and intrigued. Sabertooth's Rouge, Minerva, Yukino and Sting were all standing just a few feet in front of me with an unknown expression. Was it desperation and agitation? It was none of my concern and I was prepared to walk past them and continue on with my morning. Just as I was doing so Stings hand shot out and grabbed my arm. If I heard correctly, did Natsu just growl?

"Hey Blon- err Lucy we need a favor." A favor? Did I hear right? The almighty Sting asking for a favor? I scuffed just before Minerva shoved Sting to the back of the group and shooed Yukino towards me. Her shy expression softened my demeanor and my walls went down.

"Excuse me for asking Lucy-san but Sting has made a mistake that cost us the mission, reward and injured our clients. The same man is suing our guild for three times its worth and we cannot afford to have this brought upon us. I'm pulling a favor and asking you if you can use your connections to the business world and release us of our burdens?" She was well spoken and I immediately knew who was the diplomat the group and missions. While we are not the closest of friends we relied on each other as Celestial Wizards and allies. 

"Of course Yukino this won't be an issue. If you may can you please tell me the name of your client?" I replied calmly. 

"Akiyama Akio" she spoke clearly. Akiyama. Akiyama? They're worried about that old bastard? I could handle him in a heartbeat, but I have close ties to the person he's doing business with. Dragging him in this will benefit Sabertooth, but I have a feeling he will evoke emotions and memories best left in the dark. At this point we have a whole audience pretending that they're not watching. It was when Sabertooth was staring at me with hopeful expressions I realized I've been quiet for far too long. 

"Sure," I attempted to smile but it came out as a grimace, "give me three days tops." Shit. I'm already starting to regret saying yes in the first place.