But you promised

Okay so quick little note. When you see something written in italics its Lockwood remembering something Lucy said. When you see something written in bold letters, its Lockwood remembering something he said. Ok enjoys and hopefully you understand that.

LOCKWOOD

I watched as she lay there. Breathing. Sleeping.
And although she was right in front of me, an arms length away from me I knew her mind was miles from me. A door opened and George stepped in. A hand pressed to my shoulder.

"Anything?" He said though he knew the answer.
I shook my head. Nothing for three days.
You know I love you, right?
"She'll be ok. She just needs time." He said
"Yes but how much time?"
"I can't tell you that."
"Seems like no one can..."
You've only said it like ten times today.
"Don't stay up all night." He removed his hand and left.
I picked up her hand, her ice cold hand. I brought it to my lips.
Sorry, I just cant help it.
She looked so tired. I knew I looked the same. Sleep didn't come easy of course. I made a new friend. Its name was coffee. It worked at first but George made me stop.
Why are you looking at me?
Her face was so beautiful. Her hands marked from years of rapier work but they held all the traits of an artist as well.
Im sorry, its just, I cant stop. Your so perfect.
"Im so sorry I messed up Lucy. It was my fault. All of it. I shouldn't have yelled, I gave it it's power." A tear leaked down my face.
Lucy, can you promise me something?
"Im sorry, im so sorry. But sorry does nothing, does it. It isn't a life saving medication. It isn't going to save your life."
Of course Lockwood. What is it?
"I tried and I failed. I failed to see what matters most in my life. You. I pushed you away. I..."
Dont ever leave me. Dont do dumb things that may get you killed. Because if you die, so will I.
Oh Lockwood.
"I love you. So much."
I promise.
The words came out of my mouth but nothing came from hers. I felt alone. I felt, abandoned.
Though I knew it was my fault and I will blankly state that, the recognition and the owning up to my mistakes made me feel no different.
What are you doing?
It was my fault. I nearly killed her. Oh, Id do anything for it to have been the other way. To be me in that bed instead of her. To have her safe and sound in my arms. I got her, and I lost her. She put me back together, then I broke my self apart for what?
Oh Lockwood! I think I've got a connection-
For fame?
I've told you to stay away from doing that!
A higher name?
I know but im so close. I think I know what the source is!
Status?
I dont care! You are disobeying my rules as leader!
Rivalry?  
No, no im not. Trust me im not!
My selfish ways?
YES YOU ARE!
I watched her flinch away. I watched it come from behind. Her name meant nothing. It was but a hollow echo. She knew what was coming for her. We locked eyes for but a second.
No...
And it was the last time Id seen them. I was almost thankful for that for I didnt know what would shine in them. Hatred maybe. Disgust.
I knew when she awoke, she would surely dump me from her life. I knew this was the last Id see of her before she'd run off and find a man who could care for her. Who wouldn't disappoint her.

But only time could tell. And its lips were sealed.

Time carried on. For two months. Id gone to see her everyday. Held her hand as much as I could. George came every other day. I spoke to her on days where it was just me and her. I kept her up to date. It wasn't the same without her. But It was going to change very soon.

I walked in by myself ready to walk the same path that I always did. But I was stopped. Her room. It was, empty. I dashed to the front desk. She had been moved. She was awake. As I ran to her room I felt sorrow for the fact that I wasn't there when she woke up, but joy from knowing Id see her again. An overwhelming amount of joy. Almost more than I had felt when we first kissed. My hand pressed to her cold door handle. I hesitated remembering our fight. But I needed to see her so I opened the door. She was there. Sitting on the bed. Eyes open, looking at me. The door clicked closed but no body moved. She spoke first.
"How long? How long was I out. They won't tell me." 
I couldn't find my voice at first. I was too caught up in hers. Two months without out hearing it was agony.
"Two months. H- how do you feel?"
"The same," she sighed and looked down for a minute then looked back at me "but much better now that your here."
I whimpered. An ache left my mouth as I strode to her and hugged her. She was shocked but hugged me back within seconds.
Then I started crying.
"It was m-my fault. I'm s- so s-sorry Lucy!" I gripped her tighter.
"Oh please don't cry. Im right here." But she also had tears running down her face.
"Take me home Lockwood."

And I did.