Confidence

LOCKWOOD

I can do this. I can do this. I can't do this. ABORT ABORT!! Turn back...TURN BACK.
My mind screamed at me as I reached for Lucy's door handle. Forward towards it, back from it, forward back, forward back. Why couldn't I do this. Just open the door. Confess your feelings. I wasn't supposed to have feelings for her. She's my best friend, employee, co-worker. Not my lover. No, shes more. Shes the one who stole my heart the day she came in the door.

Flashback~~~~~~~~~

The girl screamed a string of curses but I kept my face calm. She grabbed her coat and flung down the hallway. I heard one last curse, a kick to a door or wall and then silence. Sources in cases if salt and iron glass walls rattled, then came to a stop. I shook my head and pick the items up one by one placing them back in the box. A whole day wasted with frauds and idiots. I sat back down and heard footsteps from beyond the door. Two sets of footsteps. One was heavy and obviously Georges and another's that were much lighter. George entered along side the other set of footsteps with turned out to be another applicant. "I knew it George I knew there was one more." I smiled and stood to shake the hand of a beautiful young lady. She had short brown hair a lovely hazel eyes . She smiled a small, shy smile that was cute in a way. We introduced ourselves and sat down. I asked George to prepare the tea and gave Ms. Carlyle our little run down. Me and George soon found out that the shy smile hid a feisty fire beneath it. She flew threw the tests with flying colors and I told her a out the cookie rule. She seemed relieved to hear that she was on the team.

I helped her with her bags and gave her a tour around the house as I had done with George and Robin once before. I stopped out side her bedroom door.

"I can't thank you enough. You don't know how much I was in need of a job." She said. I could tell she meant it.
"And now it seems you have one. I hope you find living here suitable."
"I most certainly will. Though to be completely honest, I don't know about him." She glanced toward the stairs. I laughed
"You aren't the first to say that." She smiled at me.
"A little advice from me to you," I came closer and whispered "It might be best if you stay clear of his room. Especially in the morning."

She smiled "and why is that?"
"Cause I have pictures burned to my skull that I will never get rid of." She giggled.
"I'll take your advice."
"It be wise if you did."
There was a silence.
"Naked yoga?" She asked suddenly. I stared at her. How?
"How did you-?"
"So thats a yes then."
"I don't understand you."
"Many dont."
Another silence was held.
"Well," I bent down and kissed her cheek "good night."
And dashed down the stairs with one thing on my mind.
DONT LOOK BACK, DONT LOOK BACK! BE COOL!!! ACT COOL!!!

End of flash back~~~~~~~~

Now, that voice that screamed at me once before came back to scream at me to abort this insane mission.

No, I wouldn't. So, with a shaky hand I reached up, and rapped against the cold wood three times.

A silence, the squeaking of a bed, footsteps.
The door opened and there stood Lucy. Beautiful as always.

"Oh, hi Lockwood." She smiled.

"Hey. Do you have a minute?" I asked trying to keep my cool but in that moment it was hard. Which was very odd for me. I could keep my cool whilst fighting off a spector, but not while confessing my feelings to Lucy?

She smiled and stepped aside. "Of course. Unless your going to fire me, then no, get out." She laughed. I just smiled. Her smiled faded.
"Oh my god, is that it? Did I do something? Wh-"
"No! No thats not it at all. Sorry."
"Oh thank god," she sighed " well then come in."

I came in and sat on my old bed, which was hers now. It was uncomfortable and hard. I could feel a spring under my butt.

"I don't remember this being so uncomfortable. Gosh Luce, you should have said something."

"Hm? Oh the bed, oh no it's fine. It doesn't bother me much." She sat down across from me.

"Uh well, I ummm. Ugh, hi." I looked to the floor for help. I ended up with a staring match.

"Hi." She said. A silence held its self  in the place where my words should be.

Lucy's hand reached up and cupped my chin, lifting my eyes back to hers. She started leaning in, and soon her lips where on mine. They pulled back instantly.

"Oh my, im so sorry. That was not, I- oh god..." She blushed a deep red.

I came closer and kissed her cheek. When she looked up, I captured her lips. Then we both pulled back. My whole face and ears were red. Her cheeks turned scarlet.

"Well." She said.

"I- I think im in love with you."  I said.

Her head whipped up. She said nothing. I stood up.

"I shouldn't have said that. Im sorry." She jumped up with me.

"No, dont go. I think I love you too." I smiled my brightest smile.

I grabbed her by the waist, whipping her around and kissing her. Her arms wrapped around my neck. Ive never been more happier than in this moment. When we pulled away, my lips were cold, I needed hers on mine again.

"What does this mean?" She asked.

"This means your stuck with me." I smiled.

"Im ok with that." And we kissed again.

OK, authors note, LISTEN UP. EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWS ME, GO FOLLOW LieseHazelwood SHE IS THE BEST!!! Go, do it, just DO IT!!! Ok im out, peace. ✌️🖖🤘✌🖖🤘😜😝