You dont have to.

"So much for me enjoying this bloody cake."

LUCY

With my fake smile stuck to my face and my head held high I turned to Lockwood. He wore a vacant expression, a hollow expression. It nearly broke my heart but I have now clue why. He opened his mouth but closed it soon after.

"I believe we have some paperwork to fill out." I said. He did nothing but nod his head and walk to his office.

"Oh you mean like you're leaving right now?" Holly asked. I turned to her a smiled a reassuring smile.

"Yes Holly." I said. I heard Lockwood call my name from his office so I followed. He stood with his back to me, head down. His hands shook as he held my papers, those papers with everything on them. They were more tattered then I remembered them to be. I suppose someone had read them more than once. It didn't bother me. I walked up behind him and reached one arm around him from behind, placing it on his cold hands. He looked shocked at first but soon fell accustom to my touch. He turned and wrapped his arms around me, rocking me in tight hug. His head came down into the curve of my neck and his breaths became raspy. He started crying and I was shocked by this. I had never seen him cry before.

"L-Lockwood! Hey come on don't cry over me I said backing him up, placing my hands on his shoulders and starring him in the eyes. Oh his beautiful eyes, and sharp facial features that now seemed to lack definition in the moment.

"Im sorry Luce it just... I don't want you to leave." He said. His voice outlined and filled with sadness. It broke my darn heart.

"Hey were still friends right? You know Ill never forget about you or George or Holly. God, I won't even forget smirky upstairs. And I can come visit if you wish. Lockwood this isn't good bye forever," I looked him in the eyes and finished with " just a while alright."

He looked down at his shoes and wiped his eyes.
" I know Luce," he said. "Can I tell you something?" He asked. I was slightly scared but agreed anyway.

"Im happy you went into her room. Wanna know why? Cause no one else has tried so hard to know who I am and where I came from. I felt like someone wanted to know me." He hugged me again and whispered " and not just my smile."

I hugged him for what seemed like forever. I knew he dreaded letting go, but we had to. I signed the release papers and made my way upstairs for the last time. I threw my clothes and other random assortments in my bag before sitting on the bed; my head in my hands. The skull didn't say two words since I had placed the cloth over him. I heard a knock on the door.

" come in." I said. Lockwood came in and sat next to me. We didn't speak for a while.

"Now what?" He asked. I shrugged.

" we part ways and I go... home." I spat the last word out. This was home. Not back there. His arm wrapped around my shoulders and lightly squeezed. I rested my head on his shoulder.

" I can't let you leave."he whispered.
"We have to part ways Lockwood."
"No we don't. It doesn't have to be this way Luce you can stay."
"Yes I do Lockwood. Please don't make this harder then it already is."
"But Luce we love having you here."
"And I love being here"
"Then stay!"
"I can't Lockwood."
" please Luce give me another chance."
" why are you asking for a second chance? Its not your fault Lockwood its my own."
"No its not."
"YES IT IS!" I yelled turning from him. He flinched but never removed his arm.
"If you're really convinced on leaving then I have to do something before you leave me." He said.
I turned around " what Lockwood?" He looked at me with his big brown animated eyes. And he kissing me. I wrapped me arms around his neck as he pushed me back on to the bed. His arms on either side on my head. We broke apart only when we were certain we would pass out if we continued. He smiled at me. "That." He whispered.
"Boy everywhere take note: that was a kiss!" I sighed. Though I could tell all play had left him. He kissed me more feverishly then before. I kissed back. Soon he was completely on top of me. His fingers traced my cheeks as my hands became tangled in his tousled hair.