Oh BURN!

LOCKWOOD

"Do you think she'll like it?" I asked George. He thought about it for a moment. It was almost Lucy's birthday and even though she told us not to celebrate or anything I couldn't resist. She was such a great member to the team and at times I felt like I overworked her. She never complained though, which astonished me.

"Yeah I think she will." He finally responded. I closed the lid and walked to the register. After we paid and walked out we began our long walk home. I thought about Lucy the entire way which had been happening for quite sometime now. I don't know why, but she seamed to take over my thoughts almost all the time.

I kept thinking, was I in love? No, or course not, that's ridiculous . She was a colleague, friend, employee, and a hard worker. There was no room for lover in there.

When we got back I ran up to my room but in doing so I crashed right into Lucy. I hit her so hard she fell towards the ground only to be stopped by my arms around her waist. We stared at each other wide eyed at first, then we burst into a fit of laughter. I helped her stand up right and asked if she was alright.

"Yeah Im fine, but you got to be more careful next time." She scolded in a humorous tone. I laughed and turn to leave when she called my name. I turned  around and my heart stopped. In her hand was the box that held her birthday present.

" Wanna explain?" She said.

"I kinda, might of, sort of got you a birthday present." I said awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck.

"I told you not to Lockwood!" She exclaimed, slightly shocked.

"Yeah I know but you deserve it. Your such an amazing and hard working person."

"Aww thank you Lockwood" she said walking over to me and giving me a hug. She went to hand me the box and I pushed it back at her.

"Take it, you already know about it so," i said.

"You really didn't have to you know." She said again but this time more softer. She stared at the ground for a few moments.

I placed a hand under her chin and made her look at me. She started blush when I came closer.

"Thats only half of it." I whispered. Adrenaline was pumping though my veins making me reckless. What was I doing and why have I not done it before?! Being this close to her made me feel incredible. Her eyes twinkling and her cheeks burning bright red. How come I never realized how beautiful she was until now. I stared at her lips. They were slightly parted in confusion. I came closer and closer till we were only a few inches apart.

"Anyone want tea!?" I heard George yell from the kitchen. Lucy backed away slightly and I looked away. She handed me the box and said

"Give it to me later, it'll feel more special then." Then she walked off.

I stood in the middle of the hallway for what seemed like forever with one thing playing on my mind: I am in love. 💘

Time skip to a few days.

Me George and Lucy were sitting in a little café on third street, laughing and joking about the usual. It was a beautiful day, there were almost no clouds in the sky and the sun was shining bright. Plus the humidity was low so it was bearable outside.

"Hello Tony." I heard an over- obnoxious voice say.
We all turned to see Quill, Kat, Bobby and some other guy. He was about as tall as me with jet black hair and black eyes. He didn't look happy to be here.

"Why hello Quill!" I said nicely though in the inside I was staring daggers at him and his idiotic team of no good lackeys.

"Who's the new guy?" George asked while taking a sip of his team.

" My brother, Finn. He's filling in for Ned while we try to find another agent." He said matter-of-factually. George snorted at his remark.

Finn finally spoke up since he had gotten here.
"Who's the hot chick?" He said nodding toward Lucy.

"Thats Julie-" Quill tried to said before Lucy cut him off

"Its Lucy." She said

"Right." He corrected himself.

"Hmm feisty, I like it. " He said in a flirty tone. 

I started to burn up at his remark. Nobody noticed thought.

"Not interested." Lucy said holding up her hand.

"Sure that's what they all say." He said smirking.

"Oh quit acting like your so hot when the only thing you can turn on is the microwave." Luce retorted in a sarcastic voice. I wanted to high-five her in that moment. Kat and Quill gasped and Bobby chuckled.

"Oh im sorry, are you a lesbian because I can change that." He said with a devilish grin.

"Me? A lesbian? Oh please sweetie, Im straighter than the pole you're mother dances on."

That set me and George off. We couldn't stop laughing at 1.) Lucy's comment and 2.) their faces

"Hey thats my mother your talking about as well!" Quill yelled.

"Gives a whole new meaning to killing two birds with one stone am I right?" She asked looking at me. I nodded in response.

"Also gives a whole new meaning to you have a face only a mother could love, I mean cause I would give you a dirty look but I see you already have one." George said.

"Well, I think we've done enough damage for now. Lets go." Lucy said walking out. Me and George followed closely. When we were outside and at a good distance from the shop we started laughing till our heads hurt and our chests screamed for air.

"Im going to head home alright, got some work to get done." George said. We bid our goodbyes and began walking our separate ways. Me and Lucy walked in silence to the park.

We choose a spot near the creak, away from other people and out of view from others before laying down. We stayed silent for awhile, then she spoke up.

"Why did he called me hot. I mean Im clearly not so like is he blind or something?" She asked.

"Lucy don't say that about yourself! You are beautiful and yes you are very hot." I got quite near the end though. She giggled and rolled over on her side to look at me.

We made eye contact and got quite again. She laid back down and closed her eyes.

"Do you really think so?" She asked.

"I know so." I said closing my eyes as well. I Felt her lean over a curl up next to me. I wrapped my arm under her head and pulled her closer. She placed her hand on my chest.

We didn't say anything for a long time.

"I need to tell you something." I said.

"Yeah?" Lucy mumbled.

"I love... I love..." Is all I could get out. Lucy sat up and looked down at me.

"You love what?" She asked.

"I love... Spending time with you." I said.

Disappointment crossed into her eyes for a moment.

"Yeah me two." She said laying back down but this time she was farther away and her hand left my chest.

"I also love you." Burst out of my mouth before I could fully comprehend it.

"Lockwood," Lucy whispered. "I love you too." She said relieved.

I reached my arms down and pulled her up on top of me. She squealed with joy.

"God you're beautiful, no, not beautiful. You're hot. No not hot either. Oh I got it!"i said.

"You're irresistible." I purred.

She giggled again leaning down, sealing our lips together in perfect harmony.