Destined? Yeah, Right. (Gene x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"Oh let it go, Gene. I'm too far away, there's no way it'll just land in my arms" You say, throwing your arms out.

And then you got a face full of flora, and a bouquet landed in your arms.

Your mouth dropped open as Gene burst out laughing.

"No. Way." You finally choked out.

You looked to the bride, who had her hands over her mouth as she looked at you. "Sorry!" She mouthed to you and you laughed awkwardly back at her.

Gene had left for a quick run to the store to get chocolate, because you wanted to have a movie night. And of course, no movie night was complete without chocolate.

Munching on popcorn, you stared at the screen. You decided on a funny comedy, because the last movie night you guys had watched The Notebook. And let's just say, you weren't the one who ending up crying.

You heard the door open and close. "I'm back!"

"Great!" You yelled and then giggled. "I already started the movie."

He came into the living room with a sheepish look on his face. "Okay, so you're not going to believe this but..."

He pulled a heart-shaped box covered in ribbon and bows. "They were completely out of normally chocolate and the only kind they had happened to have hearts and pink packaging on it."

You almost choked on the popcorn in your mouth. "Yeah, right. You just did that on purpose."

He shook his head. "No, Y/N, I'm telling the truth."

You got up and grabbed your jacket, heading to the door.

"Where are you going?" Gene asked.

"To the store. I don't believe you."

But low and behold, there was only Valentine's chocolate at the store. When you asked, the store manager said their shipment of chocolate had been switched with a valentine's day shipment.

Gene had wanted to go to a hockey game that weekend, so you soon found yourself sitting in a stadium with your roommate. Wrapping your sweater tighter around yourself, you shivered. You personally weren't a big hockey fan, but it was still fun to watch.

"Hey, I got us popcorn."

You looked up to see Gene sit down beside you with a bucket of popcorn. You reached over to grab some, only for him to pull it away.

"Hey!" You made a face at him and grabbed the bucket away from him.

"Aw, what a cute couple those two are!" You both heard the announcer say. You looked up to see you and Gene on the Jumbo-tron, with the words Kiss Cam on the screen.

Laughing awkwardly, you screamed internally. Out of the other million people who were there, of course it was you two up there. You turned to Gene. "There is no w-"

But his lips had already connected with yours.

"No."

"Y/N, you're being ridiculous!" Gene growled, and you felt your face heat up.

"I'll tell you what's riduclous! Fifty people come up to us and tell us we're the cutest couple. Everywhere. we. go." You growled back, the rain outside pounding down.

"Would it be that terrible to date me, or people even thinking we're dating?!" He shook his head, hurt.

It dawned on you how stupid you were being. "No! Wait, Gene!"

You ran after Gene, who had stomped out of the house.

Bursting out the front door, you looked around wildly to finally see a tall figure sitting underneath a tree. As the rain poured down, you walked over to the tree to sit against it, facing away from Gene.

You both sat in silence for a while, as you contemplated your life choices.

You messed up. Really messed up.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled finally.

You heard Gene shift slightly, but he didn't respond.

"I really messed up," you continued, "I acted like a jerk, and completely ignored your feelings. I don't deserve you, if anything. And in all honesty," you took in a deep breath, "I like you, too. A lot. No, more than that. I love you."

You didn't hear anything from the other side of the tree, and assumed Gene hated you.

And you could understand why.

You stood up, and got ready to walk away when you felt a hand grab your arm and lips connect to your lips.

When you finally broke away, you looked up to see a beaming Gene smiling down at you.

"I love you too, Y/N."