A Dream of Blind Destiny

Začať od začiatku

Zuko nodded slowly "Yes."

"Good," Katara said and turned her back to Zuko, leaving. He took a deep breath and opened the door, got inside and closed it behind. When he turned to look at her he couldn't help himself but smile. Her hair dye has bled and her hair was brown again. It felt like he was looking at her ten-year-old self. He walked slowly towards her and kneeled.

She was in a deep sleep, she was holding the quilt tight even though inside the room was hot. He caressed her cheek with imperceptible movements. He had missed her too much. But he knew that things between them would never be the same. And it was all his fault.

"I've missed you so much, Lion's Mane." he whispered "It's been too long, I have tried too much to forget you but nothing works. You've my heart and you're not giving it back. And never give it back to me. Never. I want you to keep it and take it with you everywhere, even to the other side.

"I know I've been a real jerk lately. I shouldn't have said those things to you, you never deserved to hear them. You didn't deserve any of this." he said "I know you will not forgive me, I wish you would but I've done unforgiveable things. But... I wish there would be a different end for us. I wish we would grow old together... Seems like they will stay as dreams."

He leaned forwards and kissed her. Then he stood up, leaving the room.

***

She opened her eyes slowly, her chest was hurting. She straightened slowly. How long has it been? The last thing she remembered was Sokka, carrying her to Katara. She remembered pain. A lot of pain. And Azula, generating lightning. She closed her eyes. She had failed redirecting the lightning. She owed too much to Katara, she'd have been dead without her.

She stood up in front of the mirror and looked at herself. She looked normal, but tired. It seemed like she was sleeping for a long time, because the under-eye bags have disappeared. And her hair seemed so lively.

She took off her top. She didn't had her bra anymore, there was only a bandage which was covering her left boob. She pulled the edge of the bandage a little bit forwards and saw the scar. It was on the right side of her left boob and it looked awful. It was still hurting and she knew that she was going to carry that scar the rest of her life.

She let the bandage go and wore her top. When she was wearing her shoes with no soles, she heard something. When she looked at the table, she saw that the necklace was moving in its place. Yoko frowned and push her right arm forwards. The necklace moved. Her eyes widened. She pulled her arm backwards and the necklace came flying into her palm. She put the necklace on and searched for more metal things in the room.

She found some metal coins. She put some on the table, then walked away from them. She kicked the air forwards with her left leg and the coins fell down from the window. She screamed as she got out of the room, running.

She found the gang outside of the building. Her eyes were focused on Toph as she screamed her name "TOPH!" she screamed as she ran to her, hugging her tight.

"Have you seen me in your dream, Half Avatar?" Toph asked as she hugged her back "Welcome back."

"Wait, don't start the welcome thing. We'll do it later." Yoko said as she pulled back, she was unable to control herself, she was jumping.

"Did lightning turn you into a hyperactive Toph lover?" Sokka asked. Everyone was looking at her with questioning eyes.

"Shut the fuck up, Sokka." Yoko said.

"She's alright." Sokka muttered.

"Toph!" Yoko screamed again as she held her hands "You need to watch this!"