B2CH12 - The Serpent's Pass & B2CH13 - The Drill

The ferry departed; Zuko, Shinju and Iroh were on board.

"Who would have thought after all these years, I'd return to the scene of my greatest military disgrace," Iroh said and turned away for a second before turning back with a floral hat on his head "as a tourist! Shinju, what do you think?"

She was leaning to the ocean and vomiting "I think this! Ba Sing Se is nothing but a mouthful vomit."

"Look around. We're not tourists, we're refugees." Zuko said and sipped food and spited it out "Ugh! I'm sick of eating rotten food, sleeping in the dirt. I'm tired of living like this!"

Shinju said nothing, she continued to vomit.

"Aren't we all?" said a brown haired boy with a hay in his mouth "My name's Jet and these are my Freedom Fighters. Smellerbee and Longshot."

"Hey." Smellerbee said. Longshot nodded.

"Hello." Zuko said. Shinju was still vomiting.

"Here's the deal. I hear the captain's eating like a king while the refugees have to feed off his scarps. Doesn't seem fair, does it?" Jet said.

"What sort of king is he eating like?" Iroh asked.

"The fat, happy king." Jet responded. Iroh's moth hung open as he started to drool "You want to help us "liberate" some food?"

Zuko tossed the bowl of rotten food into the water "I'm in." he said and turned to Shinju "What about you?"

"I have seasickness, I can't even walk without vomiting." she said and with a gagging sound she vomited again.

Iroh looked at Zuko "You can find the things to make her medicine."

Zuko turned to Jet "I'm absolutely in."

Jet smirked.

***

Jet passed out food to other travellers. The other Freedom Fighters, Zuko, Shinju and Iroh sat together. Iroh had made the medicine so Shinju was not vomiting anymore.

"So, Smellerbee. That's an unusual name for a young man." Iroh said.

"Maybe it's because I'm not a man... I'm a girl!" Smellerbee yelled and walked away.

"Oh, now I see. It's a beautiful name for a lovely girl!" Iroh shouted but it was no use. Shinju shook her head in his direction. Jet approached them.

"From what I heard, people eat like this every night in Ba Sing Se. I can't wait to set my eyes on that giant wall." Jet said. Shinju leaped up when she heard the name of the city.

"It is a magnificent site." Iroh said.

"Liar," Shinju muttered under her breath.

"So you've been there before?" Jet asked "Both of you?"

"I don't want to talk about this." Shinju brushed him off.

"Once. When I was a... different man." Iroh answered him.

"I've done some things in my past that I'm not proud of, but that's why I'm going to Ba Sing Se: for a new beginning. A second chance." Jet said. Shinju leaped up, again and glared at Jet. Can't he see that I have problems with the name?!

"That's very noble of you. I believe people can change their lives if they want to. I believe in second chances." Iroh said, looking at Shinju. She shrugged and yawned.

"Someone is sleepy." Jet said.

"Vomiting all day is not easy, okay?" she said and yawned again. Then, she put her head on Zuko's shoulder "I'm not asking anymore."