B3CH1 - The Awakening

Zuko watched the ocean as the ship headed to the nation. He didn't miss the water, actually it brought some memories with Shinju. Or Yoko. Or whoever she was. He closed his eyes. At least now I know why their voices were so similar. And why I didn't feel guilty dreaming about Yoko while Shinju was sleeping inside my arms. And why kissing with Yoko in my dream felt that real.

He knew that something about Shinju felt familiar since the very first day. But he had never thought that she could be actually Yoko. Of course, there were some moments he thought that Yoko was sitting near him but he always thought it was because he had been thinking about her too much.

Seems like it wasn't.

But he still couldn't believe who his Lion's Mane turned into.

The love of my life is an assassin. She has lost her humanity long ago. She's a human killing machine.

Who knew leaving Zuko would cause her to turn into someone like this?

She had seen my mom leaving and she didn't tell me.

Why? Why didn't she tell me? She knew how much I loved my mom and she knew I'd be broken without her.

She left me on the worst day of my life. And caused me to seek solace in Mai.

"Aren't you cold?"

He looked back to see the owner of the voice. It was Mai "I've got a lot on my mind. It's been so long, over three years since I was home. I wonder what's changed. I wonder how I've changed." Zuko said.

Mai yawned "I just asked if you were cold, I didn't ask for your whole life story." she said, then giggled and held Zuko's face in her hands "Stop worrying." she whispered, then they kissed.

Yeah, they were together, again. It was the best thing he could do to try to forget Yoko.

***

"Yoko, please, seeing you like this saddens me." Iroh said to her. Yoko turned her back to him.

"Then you'll sadden more, Uncle." she said, her voice emotionless. She had been like that since the Dai Li captured them. She wasn't eating, was drinking very little water and was not talking. She wasn't sleeping, too. Actually, she was afraid to sleep. Because every time she closed her eyes, Zuko was haunting her.

He overreacted. It was too much for him, learning that I was his childhood love and I saw Ursa, leaving.

Even if I had told him, he wouldn't have done anything. There was nothing he could do.

I bet that Mai is on that ship, too. They must be kissing or something like that.

A tear fell. He left me and ran to Mai, again, just like he did four years ago. Right after our kiss.

Azula had to ruin everything, didn't she?

Maybe, Zuko and Shinju could be happy together.

Like little Zuko and Yoko.

But no, Azula always needs to ruin people's lives.

She's just like me.

***

"Your Princess Azula, clever and beautiful, disguised herself as the enemy and entered the Earth Kingdom's Capital. In Ba Sing Se, she found her brother Zuko, and together they faced the Avatar. And the Avatar fell! And the Earth Kingdom fell!

"Azula's agents quickly overtook the entire city. They went to Ba Sing Se's great walls. And brought them down! The armies of the Fire Nation surged through the walls and swarmed over Ba Sing Se, securing our victory. Now the heroes have returned home!"