5

You left for your last class, but it was about the same as all the others. Except that he wasn't there to screw with you. Actually, you felt like this class was your safe haven from Akashi Seijuro.

You had basically read in secrecy the entire class, not wanting to have anything to do with school for now. You rolled your eyes.

He held her in his arms while she caressed his cheek and blah blah blah.

You really couldn't stand the book any longer. Actually, the book was so terrible that you actually would rather be stuck with Akashi than read it. You decided for once, you were actually gonna take class seriously and "learn" something.

You yawned and rested your head against your knuckles, letting your eyes shut.

You were woken by the loud, obnoxious bell. You grabbed all of your things and rushed out of your class, flowing through the doors with all the other students. People walked in groups and talked to each other, you actually found a few conversations that were pretty interesting, though you didn't interfere.

You ran into someone.

"OOH! _____-san ran into Akashi-kun!!!!" A girl squealed, obviously interested in the two of you.

"Oh, I'm sooooo sorry." You said sarcastically. You wished you bothered to try avoiding him earlier, but too late for that.

"Oh _____-san, nice to see you again." He smirked.

"That makes one of us," you muttered.

You walked off without saying goodbye, just to show how you didn't want to see him.

"You really have gotten more annoying, _____-san." He said. He was following closely behind you. Then he had gotten......a little too close.

He pulled you against his chest and looked you in the eyes, but he had a mischievous smirk on his face.

"But I can be annoying too." He purred. You were close enough to inhale the sweet, minty scent or Akashi.

Shit, I'm blushing...!

You pushed him away and tried to cover your face from everyone. You didn't really feel like you liked him or anything. It was all too sudden. You couldn't do anything but walk on, flustered.

Damn him.

You went home, walking under the pink Sakura trees. You rounded the corner and noticed somebody running at you. Her long, brown hair fluttered behind her in the air as she ran down the sidewalk to meet you. Ayane, your best friend, smushed you in her death squeeze hug, and let you go. You sighed.

"Can you not? I'm having a crappy day." You said, rolling your eyes.

"Awwww! Does somebody needs a magic spell?" She asked. "Breath out the gray skies, take in the blue skies-"

You tuned her out as she sang her ridiculous magic spell, that actually, was really annoying.

"_____-chan, stop being so gloomy. I can practically see the dark cloud over your head." She said.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" You asked.

"YOU'RE SO NEGATIVE!" She yelled, pulling you by the arm to her house.

"Ayane! I can't come over today! I have homewo-"

"We can do it together later. Right now, I need to show you something." She pulled you upstairs to her room. Her brightly colored fashion was enough to blind you, but her room basically made your eyes bleed.

So much yellow....Uuuuuuuuuuughhhhh....

To Ayane, meant happiness. To you, it meant an eyesore.

"What is it?" You asked. She pointed down at something in the backyard. A small brown and white terrier running around excitedly in the green grass. You couldn't say anything. You just looked down at the happy puppy.

"Isn't he cute?!" You nodded.

"Now can we get homework done?" She rushed to her bag, and scattered her books across her bed. She pointed to the corner, where a small, wooden desk sat with an office chair.

"You can use that if you like." You shook your head and say on the floor. Since it was closer to her, you'd have your attention more off of what happened at school today. It was better like that.

Later, you left Ayane's and went home. You were greeted by your brother. He looked at you and smiled.

"Welcome home, _____-chan! How's your first day?" He asked, letting his dark hair fall over his eye.

"Absolutely shitty." You said, and immediately went up to your bedroom. You didn't want to deal with him. You'd dealt with Ayane and her annoying "magic spells", and you didn't need a happy-go-lucky brother on your nerves either. You fell on your bed, and looked up at the roof, remembering what Akashi had done after school. You blushed again.

You hated it. You hated him. You hated Ayane. You hated those girls from school. You hated your brother. Everything sucked. You hated everything. You just couldn't do anything. You-

"Knock knock." Your brother said, opening the door.

"Who's there?"

"Me."

"What do you want, 'Me'?" You asked sarcastically.

"I wanted to ask, what the hell happened today?" Your brother was always the most caring person to you. He was the one you could tell everything to, and he'd listen. You sighed.

"Teachers." You said. He looked confused.

"Did you get into detention?"

"I was stuck in a room, with a certain red-haired brat who sees me as his fucking pillow." You sighed. "It was supposed to be detention."

You told him the entire story and in the end, all he could do was shake his head. You really expected more. Well, you didn't tell him the same idiot that used your shoulder as a fucking pillow actually pulled you close to him. He saw your cheeks turn bright red.

"Did I make you mad?" He asked. You shook your head. "It's nothing." He looked at you suspiciously, but then shrugged and left.

"Hope your day doesn't suck tomorrow. Goodnight, _____-chan."

"Same for you, Midoka-chan." You smiled.

"Just call me onii!" He said annoyed. You laughed and stuck your tongue out like a child.

"Nope."

He smiled and shut the door. You quickly slipped out of your uniform and changed into pj's.
You left Ayane's book on your nightstand, but you weren't gonna bring it tomorrow. You threw the covers over you, and quickly dozed off.

Well....I've got nothing.
Goodnight 🌙
-Emily