"So I heard from some of the pack that yesterday was a special day" Kameron teases rubbing my hair. Ian shoots up from under the table excitedly. Across from us Chloe flinches, almost instinctively. 

"How does it feel?" Kameron asks stuffing a piece of bacon in his mouth. Ha! It feels like I am losing my family, sanity, and best friend. That's what it feels like.

"Like a hangover from hell" I murmur. Kameron laughs but Mom looks stern.

"It only lasts for about a week" Dad says just when mom asks "when have you had a hangover?" 

Honestly I have had quite a few but she doesn't have to know that. Most of them where at Kameron's friends' houses.

"Well don't you feel a rush? Oh you wait till you go on your first run" Kameron smiles looking excited. Dad told me about runs and a lot of the basic things. After picking up Ian and Chloe from the pack house he came into my room to talk. He told me the basics but not the things I'm really interested in.

"You kids should hurry up" Mom sighs looking at the clock. As much as I want to protest for being called a kid, I stay silent. I am already on thin ice for the hangover thing.

"So Ian you excited to be a wolf?" Kameron smiles as we walk to the car. Again Chloe flinches instinctively, it's almost offensive. Ian jumps up and down in excitement. 

"Yeah! My friend Lyle is one! His brother is Jace!" Ian yells tugging on my sleeve. Jace, the annoying jerkwad who is rude and a kidnapper. Ian should definitely not be playing with a kid with a brother like Jace.

"I know Jace, he's the future Alpha of the pack. He's also pretty hilarious" Kameron remarks buckling his seatbelt. How is my whole family connected to Jace somehow? And how in the world could an idiot like that become a leader?

Alphas, Betas, Lunas and stuff like that was explained to me by Dad. About bloodlines and Alpha's command, and stuff like that. Also he told me he is an enforcer, not a police officer. So basically he is a police chief for a bunch of werewolves. Which also means we are highly ranked in the pack.

"So Chloe, how do you feel about all this" Kameron asks seriously. Chloe fidgets in her seat while staring out of the window. We are almost at school so she is probably seeing if she can make it there without answering.

"It's kinda creepy, cool, scary, and insane, but I can live with it" She sighs. My heart skips a beat. She said she can live with it! At least she doesn't totally despise us.

"Have a nice day" Kameron mocks pulling up to the school. Instantly after getting out the car different scents hit my nose like a brick. I noticed it at the pack house, everyone has a distinct smell, werewolves especially. It's hard to notice with my own family but here, everyone smells so different.

I spot Jacob near the fountain with some other werewolves. Excitedly I grab Chloe's reluctant hand and drag her over. Jacob's face lights up as we approach, he probably smelled us.

"Here comes the newest pack members" Jacob shouts starting a round of clapping. Chloe goes red and stares at her shoes. I don't know why she is so shy all of the sudden.

"Yeah that's what I'm here about. I need to ask a few questions" I smile looking at everyone. Most of the people are familiar but some faces are new. All of them however are werewolves, they all smell like pine trees and dog. A good kind of dog though, not like wet dog.

"Of course you do! But are you opposed to ditching?" Lucas smirks coming up behind Jace. He looks friendlier now that he found out what I am. He still gives the death glare to Chloe. Even though he is being somewhat nice he still looks like a major douche.