Chapter 5 Secrets

Okay so this here is Jace. I don't know who this guy is but yeah this is who Jace is.

 I don't know who this guy is but yeah this is who Jace is

*Derrick's POV*

I  walked Lilly to the front door and watched her leave, her hips swaying side to side as she went down the stairs on my porch. I bit my lip softly as I stared at her perfect curves in the high nike shorts she was wearing that belonged to my younger sister. As soon as she got in her car I felt my stomach drop feeling lonely while I watched her drive away. I wondered if I would ever see her again.

I stayed home all day examining my cut and taking it easy. My day consisted of laying on the couch watching tv, cracking open a few beers, and little of food. I missed when my mother used to make me home cooked meals. It had been a while since I've seen her since she left me when I was younger. She fell into deep depression when my father died. Even though we had a lot of money which should've lasted us a while, or at least until I was able to work. She used the money to go out to bars and drink herself away.

This is what started her chain of reactions. She became a very sick alcoholic and one day she left to get a drink with a friend and never came back. I was 14 when she left me and it was just me and my sister. I lived with friends from my high school and my sister went with my aunt. When I turned 18 I graduated from my high school and bought an apartment with the funds left over from my dad. After high school I never went to college but I worked occasionally.

I drowned in my thoughts and slowly drifted off to sleep around 3 pm. I woke up to the sound of pounding, thinking it was just my head from the alcohol I groaned. I checked the time and it was almost 8 pm. I kept hearing the pounding and realized it was at my door. I walked over to the sink washed my face off and grabbed the metal bat from my closet. Whoever was pounding was making a lot of noise so I took it just in case.

I opened the door quickly thinking I was going to see some burglar or some creepy looking dude. Instead I saw some guy grabbing a girl cupping her mouth as she tried screaming for help.

"What the fuck is going on here..?", I asked angrily as I gripped the bat tightly, examining the people who looked like the guy holding the girl's henchmen or something.

"Nothing bro, none of your fucking business now go!", the main guy yelled as the girl continued to scream into his hand. I studied her face and saw her crying.

I studied the crying girls face, I thought I had seen her somewhere and as soon as I realized who it was my face paled. My body felt numb as anger raged inside of me.

"Lilly?..", I asked her and she nodded while screaming into the man's hand. She bit him hard and broke free of his hold running behind me. The guy holding her hostage looked up at me as I stared at him with rage and hatred. I saw his eyes widen as he back away.

"Look man all we were doing was try-", he started to speak but I stepped forward and swung the bat upwards connecting with his balls. I watched him crumble to the floor mid-sentence and leaned down to the floor grabbing his throat tightly in my large hands. I lifted his head up as his men backed away, obviously frightened.