23.

Kevin reached out for Michelle's hand. The girl was shaking like a leaf would in autumn breeze.

"Michelle... what's wrong?" Kevin asked.

She turned to him.

"I don't know where we're going..." she whispered. "I'm scared."

Kevin could've smacked himself. "I'm sorry, I'm really stupid. Just visiting one of my friends. He... wants to talk to you."

Michelle thought the wording was peculiar, but let it slide. He seemed preoccupied.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, so this is my girlfriend Alyssa. Just wait with her, while I go get my friend." Kevin said, leaving Michelle with a beautiful woman.

"H-hey," Michelle stuttered.

Alyssa smiled. "Hey, Mitch...-elle. What's up?" She asked, grimacing at her slipup.

"Pretty good... Kevin seems enthusiastic about me meeting this person." She noted.

Alyssa nodded. "He wants to dive into your brain, work out group dynamics."

They both sat there awkwardly until Kevin came back with a man.

"Ben... meet Michelle. Michelle, meet Ben." He said.

Michelle smiled. "A pleasure, sir." She shook Ben's hand, before following everyone into a small room.

"Okay, so tell me a little about yourself." Ben asked, politely.

Michelle smiled. "Of course. My name is Michelle Coby. I was born and raised in a small town in Texas. I'm 27. I was part of a small band, and left due to health issues. I went into management after a failed attempt at a solo career. I live in LA. I don't have social media. I was a fan of Pentatonix, and want to help them become great again. I'm a metzo-soprano with a large vocal range, and music is my passion."

Ben looked at her.

"Where did you grow up?"

"I... I don't remember..."

Ben furrowed his eyebrows.

"Okay... what was your band name?"

"I dont know... why can't I remember?"

Everyone exchanged looks.

"Okay... can you tell me your parents names?" Ben was hopeless at this point.

Michelle started crying.

"Kevin, she remembers EXACTLY who Michelle was...  nothing else. Does... does she recognize Mitch?" Ben cautiously asked.

"I dont know... I've never tried to see. Michelle? Do you know who this is?" Kevin called out.

Michelle glanced at the picture, and nodded. "That's Pentatonix. It's my favourite band." She smiled.

Kevin swiped the photo.

"That's you and Avi. You guys look so happy!" Michelle let out a happy squeal.

Next picture, Michelle had to wait a second. "That's k... Kris...no. Kirstin?"

Kevin nodded, changing the picture yet again.

"Umm... give me a minute. That's... Sam? No... that's not right. Steve? Nope... umm... I know this, I promise! Umm... wait! That's Scott!"

Kevin nodded. Michelle smiled.

"I told you that I knew it! I told you-" she was cut off by Kevin.

"Can you tell who this is?" Kevin's voice was filled with anxiety.

Michelle grabbed the phone and looked.

She gasped.

"Who... who is this? He... he's so beautiful..."

"You don't know?" Kevin asked.

Michelle shook her head.

Kevin held out a different picture.

"That's... Scott. I don't know the other person, though. They look adorable. Are they together? I hope so...!" Michelle was bubbling with fangirl excitement.

The older people looked at each other.

"Well... Mitch is gone." Alyssa said.

"Way to state the obvious." Kevin said, rolling his eyes.

Alyssa mock punched him, and Kevin pretended to be in pain, before Ben brought them back to order.

"We need to reintroduce Mitch into her life. Take advantage of the fangirl disposition Esther left us." Ben said.

"But... what if she rejects it?"

"Or it hurts her?"

Ben calmed them down.

"It gets worse before it gets better. She'll be fine."

With that, everyone left.