1.

Current day

"Okay, this isn't working." Scott yelled out.

The group was no where near what it had been with Mitch.

They no longer got nominations for awards, they lost a huge chunk of their fandom, and their sound was mediocre at best.

The new band member, whose name Scott could never remember to save his life, let out a groan.

"What now?" He asked, with a lot of attitude in his tone. "We're singing the arrangement exactly as we're supposed to!"

"Brandon, that's not it. We need to add accents and make it our own. It sounds like we're missing a part." Kirstie said, just as annoyed, but attempting to be nicer.

He scoffed, walking out of the studio.

"And there he goes again." Muttered Avi, who was about ready to claw his eyes out.

Esther walked into the room, noticing the empty chair instantly.

"Again?! I swear that I'm ready to skin that kid!" She proclaimed, with a string of cussing behind it.

Everyone muttered in agreement with her.

"We need to revisit his contract, and think about looking for another tenor. He's not working out." Kevin piped up, desperate to get Brandon out of the group.

"We don't need another Tenor, Kevin! We need Mitch!" Scott snapped at the celloist.

"Scott! Enough! He's not coming back! Get over it!" Kirstie yelled at him, shocking everyone. She was never like that, and was always kind and quiet.

"Kirst, not helping. Anyways, I have news for you!" Esther said, trying to brighten up.

Everyone looked at her, half not-caring.

"You guys are seriously bumming me out. And I'm bringing in a professional to help us out. This has been in the works for a year now, and as things have only gotten worse, I'm going ahead with it." Esther started.

"Esth, what are you talking about?" Avi asked, clearly as confused as everyone else.

"Your sound quality is crap. Your group dynamics are crap. You don't even write your own songs anymore. The writers we hire never fit our sound. Our voice parts sound hollow. Seriously, we need this."

Kevin stared at her. "We are all VERY aware of our problems, Esther. What's your point?"

She gave a sad smile. "You have a new manager. She's all new. You haven't heard of her either."

There was an uproar.

"What?!" Scott yelled at her. "You can't just leave us!"

"But we need you!" Kevin said.

"Why would you do this to us?!" Avi asked.

Kirstie just started to cry.

Brandon, who had wandered back into the room, rolled his eyes.

Esther felt like crap.

"I swear I'm not leaving! I'll still be here! We just need some extra help!" Esther said, trying to calm everyone down.

"Esth, you can't just pop something huge like this on us and expect us to be fine with it! We say no!" Kirstie said through her tears.

"I'm so sorry, but it's been going on for a year now. She is really excited to work with you! She used to be in a band, and left for personal reasons. She did some solo stuff, and switched to management two years ago. She loved you guys, and really wants to help you out."

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but change isn't a good thing when it comes to our group. Are you trying to screw us over again?" Avi yelled at his sister.

Esther felt the weight of everyone's fears. "Guys. I know what I'm doing. It will help us. We need her." She spoke slowly, trying to ensure that her point was relayed correctly.

Kevin was the only composed person at the moment, and took charge.

"Describe her to us."

"Okay... she's short and thin, has shoulder length brown hair with streaks that she changes quite often, she has blue eyes, and is an excellent singer. She isn't tatted and I dont think that she has any peircings. Well, if she has either, she hides them well." Esther said.

"What's her name? Where can we find her?" Kevin pressed.

Esther pretended not to hear the first question, and answered the second.

"She doesn't have any social media, but once she signs a contract, I can give you her cellphone number." Esther said, looking at her phone.

"What's her name?" Kevin asked again.

Esther pretended not to hear him.

"Esther!" Scott yelled. She looked up reluctantly.

"Yes, Scott?" She said sweetly.

"Asking again. What. Is. Her. Name?"

She looked around the room, and saw everyone staring at her expectantly.

"Her name is Ms. Coby. Ms. Michelle Coby."