28.

"Doctor, when can I get an appointment booked to check for a personality disorder?"

Mario looked down at his scheduler, looking for a time slot.

"I have one on... let's see... Thursday. So... four days. Would that work? I have a two hour long slot at six... is that okay?" He asked.

Esther nodded. "That works perfectly. It should catch him around when his mindset changes."

"So I'll see you both Thursday?" He asked.

Esther nodded, offering the smile to the doctor. "You certainly will. Thank you, Mario." She said, before turning and leaving the doctor's office.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Scott. I need to talk to you." Esther said, over the phone to the heartbroken baritone.

"Why would you even bother?" He asked. He had been a mopey mess since he walked in on Alex cheating on him.

Esther sighed. "I'm trying to save your love. Throw me a bloody bone here."

"Fine, I'll bite. Why do you want to talk? And I broke up with Alex. No need to rub it in."

Esther laughed nervously. "You think that I'm talking about Alex? You have got to be kidding me. I'm talking about your true love."

"You... you mean M-Mitch?" Scott stuttered

Esther beamed brightly on her side of the line. "Yes! Yesyesyes! I do mean Mitch! We're going to get him back!"

The line went silent.

"Scottney? You still there?"

Silence.

"Scott..." Esther sighed.

"Esther, I really don't like you reminding me that I'm the reason that he's gone."

Esther groaned. "I wasn't trying to. I have an appointment set up. We need him back."

"What ever happened to leaving the group?" Scott asked.

The manager actually had forgotten about that idea.

"Not everyone agrees. I may as well make it better while I'm still here." She said, thinking on the spot.

"What do you mean, 'not everyone agrees'? Why would that matter?" Scott asked.

"A minor Clause I put in the contract. It was meant so that no one could just up and leave like Mitch did. Never imagined it would be used against me, however. I'm stuck cause Tara actually read the contract unlike the rest of you idiots." Esther sighed unhappily.

Scott laughed. "You mean... you trapped yourself? That's priceless! Ah, irony is sweet."

"Whatever," Esther huffed. "I'll find a way around it. There's always loopholes."

With that, she hung up. She knew Scott would show.

She had him right where she wanted him.