Chapter 16

A/N: I'm writing so much, I know. It's all just coming in a rush & if I don't write it down I'll forget it all. Plus, I work four days in a row this week, and I'm trying to make up for that. x)

Venus' POV, later that night
I was pulling my shoes on, just as there was a knock on my dormitory door. I opened it, and found Natalie smiling behind it.
"Hey." I said.
"Hi, what's your plan for tonight?" She asked.
I sighed. "Going to detention."
Her face dropped. "Oh, I was hoping we could hang out. I miss my friend."
I let out a breath. "I know. I miss you too. I've been out of it these last few weeks, but I promise, we'll hang out soon, okay?"
Natalie nodded. "Deal."
"Guess I better go. Don't want to be late." I hugged her quickly, and made my way down the stairs. I walked out, and made my way down to the Potions Classroom.
This felt like a never ending cycle of crap. I probably have gotten more detentions than any other student at Hogwarts. I must hold the world record.
I knocked on the door twice, and it opened. I walked inside, realizing Snape had opened it with wandless magic.
He looked up at me from behind his desk as I sat down in one of the chairs at the front of the room.
I folded my hands, waiting for his instruction.
What he said instead completely threw me off guard.
"What's going on?" He asked, crossing his arms, leaning back in his chair at the same time.
I furrowed my eyebrows. "What in the world do you mean?"
He motioned with his head towards my neck.
"What is the significance of the necklace?" He reinstated.
I bit my lip nervously. "Nothing."
He gave me a pointed look, before standing up, and taking a seat right in front of me.
I looked down at the table to avoid his gaze.
"Look at me, Venus." He whispered, causing me to shudder. I managed to look at him, and when I did, I couldn't look away.
"You called me by my first name." I muttered.
"Don't change the subject." He growled.
I sighed, frustrated. "It's none of your business, sir."
Professor Snape glared at me. "It certainly is, considering the fact that I saved your life!"
My heart skipped a beat, and I stood up from the chair. I turned away to leave, but a hand gripped my forearm.
"Do not walk away from me when I am speaking to you."
I turned back around, narrowing my eyes up at the Potions Master.
"Like you're one to talk!! That's all you know how to do!" I yelled, rendering him speechless.
His mouth opened and closed, as he tried to form words.
I smirked in satisfaction, before I turned around to leave again.
I had just made it to the door, when I felt his looming presence behind me. My breath hitched in my throat.
Bravely, I turned around, and he was inches away. I watched him, as he stared into my eyes, his gaze flickering to my lips.
In a blur, I was pressed against the door, as his lips captured mine. It was rough, and wanting, and I would have fainted, if his strong hands hadn't of been holding me up.
His tongue dominated mine, and it was unrelenting. In one swift motion, he had picked me up, and carried me to his desk. He placed me on top, all the while placing kisses down my neck.
I closed my eyes in ecstasy, not caring about the consequences of these actions, only the feelings bursting throughout my body.
His lips found mine again roughly, and his hands traveled the length of my body, as my legs were wrapped around his torso, and my hands tangled in his black hair.
All too soon, Professor Snape pulled away, both of us breathing heavily. I jumped down onto my feet.
I looked up at him from under my lashes.
"So much for discontinuing this." I muttered, giving him a sly smirk.
He looked extremely flustered, while also trying to maintain his composure.
It was a moment before he spoke.
"I sincerely apologize."
I laughed out loud, causing Snape to look at me in bewilderment.
"There is no reason to apologize, Professor. One cannot control their feelings." I replied, smirking.
He rose an eyebrow attractively, as I used his own words against him.
We stood there awkwardly, staring at each other for a few moments, before I spoke again.
"Do you really want to know why I need this necklace?" I asked, leaning back against his desk, arms crossed over my chest.
He motioned with his hand for me to continue.
I sighed, preparing myself.
"It keeps half of me intact. The half that radiates my mother's power and light. It's a physical part of me. That's why I never take it off. It keeps me in balance, and allows me to communicate with her as well."
Professor Snape gave me a confused look.
"Where is your mother that you have to use a necklace as a means to contact her?"
I took a deep breath, and met his dark, questioning gaze.
"Olympus." I whispered.
Professor Snape froze, just staring at me.
"Sir, I'm the daughter of Aphrodite."
********