Chapter 31: Are you Coming Back?

Start from the beginning

I saw Maddie mouth Does Abby know your here?

Kalani saw and mouthed She does, our moms said sorry to her but, she is still super mad.

The cameras were recording everything. Well a mad Abby was never great, so I stood just waiting for the drama.

After about waiting in the room for another two minutes Abby finally came in.

She walked over and stood in front of the pyramid.

"Last week we competed in New York City. Some of you missed out on some things New York has to offer. While you were all joking around at Debbie Allen's. Maddie, Katie, and Mackenzie were here training!"

Jill rolled her eyes. "I was surprised you all just sat in that parking lot last Monday! If you wanted to dance you should have told your mothers you weren't going to be an idiot and sit in that parking lot!" Abby shouted at the other girls.

"Abby please do not blame the girls it was not their fault." Jill said trying to reason with Abby.

"Those girls have legs they could have walked right in here!" Abby shouted back.

None of the moms argued with her.
"Okay pyramid!" Abby said pulling off the first cover revealing Kendall's headshot.

"Kendall! You didn't even place! You forgot your solo and instead of trying to cover it up, you ran off the stage like a big baby!" Abby yelled at Kendall.

I could see tears in her eyes knowing she wouldn't dare let one come out. "Kalani, you got fourth place. I could have given you a winning routine here. But, you went on with them." Abby stated after she pulled of the cover.

"Nia and Jojo!" Abby pulled off the next two covers. "You did a duet together. It got second place. Second is the first to loose you know." Abby smirked.

"Moving up the pyramid." Abby pulled off the next cover. "Brynn. You got third place. I could have also given you a first place routine. Your a beautiful dancer but seems as if you need to tell your mom to shut her trap." Abby said

"Mackenzie!" Abby ripped off the cover. "You missed a few steps. You also got sixth place. You nicely covered it up, but I need you to step it up. You should be ready for more mature dances."

"As most of you know Mackenzie got the opportunity to go on The Good Morning Show. She wouldn't have even dreamed of this opportunity if she hadn't danced here. Keep that in mind..." Abby said trailing off.

"Maddie." Abby pulled off the next photo. "You got second again. You are the first to loose, again. You may have met your match, I want to see you step it up big time. Are you just gonna let the new girl come in and swoop up all your first place trophies?" Abby was trying to get under her skin.

Abby pulled off the top cover revealing my headshot. "Katie, you got first place. Yet again you beat Maddie my star student. But you also beat everyone else and led the group to victory." Abby said giving me a smile.

I had a big smile on my face from ear to ear. I was super happy that I had achieved this.

"Maybe, Katie wants it more. Maybe this is just beginners luck. Or maybe she try's harder than all of you." Abby told everyone.