Chapter 31

JACE POV!!!!

She was raped. Raped right in front of me. I was trying so hard to get out of that rope to get him off of her. Not just for my sake but for hers. The panic in her voice was something I've never heard from her. True panic. She never said my name though, not once. Probably tried to prevent it so I wouldn't feel worse than I already do.

Her screams and the tears running down her cheeks. It made me sick to my stomach. I couldn't get out! I couldn't save her!

When they left and the rope came off I ran so quickly to her. Her cries were loud in my shoulder. She told me not to apologize and that it was ok when it clearly wasn't. She told me to just hold her which is what I planned on doing. I took her to a different room and dressed her. I laid down and brought her to me. I kissed her which maybe wasn't the best idea, and I wish I wouldn't have. I held her tightly against my body that night. She was right her next to me, hurt but safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning and looked at her. She was on her back and her cheeks were wet. She must have woken up and cried.

Why didn't she wake me up?

I stood and walked to the bathroom.

"No!" She screamed, "Jace!"

I ran back out I find her in bed. Her fists clutched the sheets tightly as she cried. I went over to her and rubbed my finger against her hand.

"Help me!" She cried, "get off! Get off of me!"

"Lola," I shook her, "Lola baby I'm here. Lola wake up."

She shot up and looked at me. Her tears made her fave glisten. I wiped them away and she laid back down.

"I'm sorry," she sighed.

"Don't be sorry princess," I shook, "you're alright."

Her eyes locked on mine and she looked hurt.

"Do you want to take a shower?" I asked.

She nodded and stood up. She walked to the bathroom and shut the door.

"I'm sorry," she cried, "I just..I-

"Lola don't apologize," I smiled, "I understand. I'll be downstairs ok. The window is locked. It'll be alright. Just call me when you're done."

"Ok," she said lightly.

I shut the bedroom door and walked down the stairs. I made some breakfast and two glasses of orange juice. After about fifteen minutes she walked down the stairs holding her body. I set out all the food.

"Hungry?" I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders and sat down. She really hasn't talked and I understand why. I'm going out to find him today. I'm not waiting around.

"Here," I grabbed a gun, "keep this around you. I'm going to find Kent."

"Don't leave me," she cried.

"Hey hey," I walked over to her, "alright alright. I won't. You'll just come with. Eat up. Get full. I won't leave you. You'll be with me alright?"

She ate slowly and I ran upstairs. I got dressed and walked back down. I walked over and washed my plate off. She washed hers off and looked at me. Her arms were crossed around her stomach. I walked over to her and set my hands on her hips. I looked at her and slowly removed her arms.

"You don't have to protect your body around me," I shook.

She looked down and I lifted her chin. Her eyes met with mine again and became teary.