Chapter 6

We got back to the station and I stood up. She was still in my arms.

"Jace," she whispered, "can you put me down?"

I gently set her on her feet and held her hand. We walked in and many people gave us weird looks. We took them to a room to ourselves. I sat down and pulled her onto my lap.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

She nodded and I brushed the hair out of her face. I brushed my thumb on her cheek.

LOLA POV!!!!

We were back at a station. I don't know where we were.

"So where are we?" I asked.

"At the undercover agency," Jace said, "the R.F.E. standing for ready for everything. I hope you're not mad that I kept something so big from you but I can't let really anyone know. I'm the head of it. Gale, Mike, and Jeff are my partners."

"So wait," I said, "why was I taken with Chelsea?"

"We caught a man that has guys that want to kill you," he explained, "he knows you mean the world to me and he doesn't want me feeling that way. He wants to destroy my life for reasons I don't want to talk about."

He looked down. He was upset. I grabbed his hand.

"It's ok," I smiled.

He kissed my forehead and nodded. He intertwined our fingers and I smiled. Jeff and Mike walked in.

"Ok ladies," they said, "I need you to write down everything that happened."

I nodded. I looked over at Chelsea and Gale. They were totally hitting it off. It was so cute. They'd be a cute couple.

Would me and Jace?

Would we be a cute couple??

I think so. Gale was wiping Chelsea's makeup off.

"You don't need this," he smiled, "you're beautiful without out."

I laughed and she looked at me. I turned away.

"Oh shut up Lola," she said.

I flipped her off. I started writing down what had happened.

"Can we go step outside?" I asked.

I stood up and so did Jace. He led me to a back door and we walked out. I leaned against the wall. I took out a cigarette and placed it in between my lips. I lit it and took a deep drag. I held it for a minute and exhaled.

"Lola," he said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I'm sorry," he said, "I'm sorry for what happened yesterday. I'm sorry for not being there to save you today. I'm so sorry."

I put the cigarette out and walked over to him. I looked at me. I grabbed his shirt and pulled his lips to mine. It took him a minute to kiss me back but he did. He pushed his tongue past my lips. I let him explore and he sure did, he learned every inch of my mouth. He picked me up and pushed me against the wall.

"I'm sorry," I shook, "remember we can't."

He pulled away and looked at me.

"You're right," he set me down.

I looked down and then back at him. He bit his lips 

"But I don't care," he smiled.

He set his index finger on my chin and tilted my head up. I smiled at him and he gently pressed his lips to mine.

"I won't ever let them touch you again," he shook.

"Never?" I asked.

"Never," he pressed his forehead against mine.

I smiled and kissed him once more. We walked inside and back into the room.

"Hey Lola what did they look like?" Jace asked.

"They were the guys that we saw when we went out to eat," I said.

"Alright. Easy," he said, "Jeff let me see the sketch pad."

Jeff threw it to him with a pencil.

"So why do they want us?" Chelsea asked.

"Because of me and Jace," I said.

"No better question is how are you gonna find them?" Mike wondered.

"Easy," I said, "we set up a diversion. I'll act as bait. We go to the park and I'll walk around. You guys hide and just keep an eye on me. They'll come and well, "take me" and you follow them. Then you get them and boom."

"Damn," Jeff said, "ever thought of becoming an agent?"

"Y-

"No!" Jace yelled.

I pouted.

"Too dangerous," he sighed.

I shot him a glare, "what because I'm a girl?"

"Yah," he smirked.

"Oh screw you," I said, "I can probably shoot better than you."

"Oh really?" He asked, "you ever shot a gun?"

"When I was little," I said, "so yes I have."

"Shoot off!" Jeff shouted, "come on guys!"

"Wait," I said, "if I shoot three rounds in 5 seconds and hit the bullseye three times then I get to join."

"We'll see," he said, "come on."

Man he has no idea what he's getting into. I'm about to take him down. I'm ready to go. Im going to win.