Chapter 13

Warning: This chapter contains deaths and blood.

Chapter 13: 

Pebblestream opened her eyes and looked around. She was in the medicine cats den. Spottedfall turned and looked at Pebblestream, her eyes widening. "Sageberry! Sageberry! She's awake!" Exclaimed Spottedfall bouncing over to Pebblestream. 

"What? Whats going on??" Demanded Pebblestream. Spottedfall went silent. "We thought you were dead. So we were preparing you for your vigil. Starclan must have sent you back if you have a destiny to get to before you die." Meowed Spottedfall slowly. 

Pebblestream only nodded. 

______________________

It was a couple moons later. Sageberry had moved to the elder's den and Pebblestream's kits were less than a moon away from being apprenticed. 

Pebblestream stalked a mouse. She crept forward, then suddenly the wind changed and blew her scent at the mouse.

The mouse darted for cover. Pebblestream leaped forward and killed it with a swift blow.

She dug up some earth and barryed her mouse to fetch it later. 

Right away she detected a squirrel. She crouched, creeping towards it.

When she was close enough, she leaped, and landed ontop of the squirrel giving it a swift bite.  

She dug up her mouse, and then picked both pieces of prey up, Walking back towards the camp. Pebblestream entered the Thunderclan camp, placing her catches on the kill pile.

Pebblestream saw the five Thunderclan kits playing near a puddle. Rabbitkit leaped over the puddle, followed by Volekit, Emberkit and Dovekit. Mousekit leaped over the puddle last.

_______________(Quarter moon later)

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the high ledge for a clan meeting!" Yowled Bramblestar. Pebblestream licked all her kits swiftly clean. Her four kits scrambled forward and up beside Bramblestar.

"I, Bramblestar are proud to make these four kits apprentices." Meowed Bramblestar.

"Volekit, Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and listen to your mentor at all times?" Asked Bramblestar.

"I do" Calmly meowed Volekit, hiding his excitement.

"From this moment on, until he has earned his Warrior Name, this Apprentice will be known as Volepaw" Meowed Bramblestar before continuing. 

"Splashfur. You are ready for another apprentice. I trust you to pass down all you know onto this young apprentice." Meowed Bramblestar.

Splashfur dipped his head and touched noses with Volepaw.

"Mousekit, Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and listen to your mentor at all times?" Asked Bramblestar.

"I do" Mousekit meowed ready to burst with pride. 

"Then from this moment on, until he has earned his warrior name, this apprentice will be known as Mousepaw." Meowed Bramblestar. 

"Mossfeather. You are ready for your first apprentice. I trust you to pass down all you know onto this young apprentice." Meowed Bramblestar. 

Mossfeather dipped her head, eyes glinting evily, before Mousepaw touched noses with her. 

"Dovekit, Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and listen to your mentor at all times?" Asked Bramblestar.

"I do" Replied Dovekit. 

"Then from this moment on, until she has earned her warrior name, this apprentice will be known as Dovepaw." Meowed Bramblestar.