part nineteen: heat. (mild ⚠️)

First day of college

Louis pranced through the building, ordering people around. People listened to him. Why? Because he gave a large cut of money to the school and he was also elected class president. Which, of course, he won by a land slide. Everyone liked Louis, or feared him. Harry didn't, though. Harry knew when Louis took off the suit, he was a softy, especially when it came to Harry.

Louis didn't take Harold's offer to stay with him and drink. All the boys ended up just staying in the living room and watching movies until their flight back to New York boarded.

Harry, on the other hand, was with Niall in the library. Freshmen were directed to be in there for their orientation. Harry got a lot of attention. He looked different from all the other males that were sitting there. His hair, tight jeans, and bubbly personality when he talked to Niall made the girls notice him.

Imani, the girl that informed Niall and Harry that they didn't have a dorm, stood in front everyone. Harry waved at her and she smiled.

"Welcome, Freshmen to New York University!" She said with a white smile. "We're pleased that you've chosen this school to pursue your careers and aspirations. A couple of upperclassmen will speak with you and cover basic things like tuition upkeep, books, relationships including pda rules, etc. My name is Imani, if you need me. I'm an residence advisor for the freshman's co-ed dorms downtown and will be available when ever you need me."

Niall was taking notes, he was serious about school. Harry was too, but he was really keeping his eye out for Louis. Just as he thought of him, Imani called him up.

"He is so sexy." A skinny, beautiful girl next to Harry said.

Harry rolled his eyes. "He looks gay."

The girl scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Oh please, he could never be. Look at him." She dramatically motioned. "He's the full package. He's loaded, sexy, and he's educated. What more could you ask for?"

"Why does he amount of money matter?" Harry said, looking at her with a weird look, containing his rising anger. Niall laid a hand on his lap when he felt him getting angry Harry placed his hand on top of Niall's.

"So he could buy me cute things." She giggled and Harry now knew he hated the sound of her giggle.

"What's your name? I'm Harry." He put his hand out.

"Brianna." She grinned.

Harry nodded as she shook his hand. Louis began speaking and he tore his attention from Beatrice or whatever her name was and listened to him. Louis began a formal speech. He talked about not taking advantage of the opportunity presented to them and to live their lives.

Louis caught eyes with Harry and grinned. "You should value the good things because sometimes that's all you have to value." Cue Harry blushing. "I know I'd never give up what I have because what I have is special and irreplaceable."

Harry shyly waved at Louis and Louis leaned down into the mic and whispered. "Hello, Harold." Harry blushed harder when people looked at him.

Brianna's eyes widened as she looked between them. "You two are dating?"

Harry just shrugged, not caring enough to answer her. Brianna cut her eyes at Harry, but he didn't notice. She rolled her eyes and paid attention to the other speakers. Harry kept his eyes on his boyfriend.

Boyfriend.

Louis was his boyfriend now and he wondered if he could keep him happy. He knew he had to put up with Louis' grumpy mornings, sassy attitude, loud mouth. He wondered if he could take that everyday. Then, he realized those were the individual things Harry liked most about his boyfriend.