A Minute to Eternity

The next morning something was different, Nate wasn't sure what but something just felt off.

When we woke up the smell of pancakes hit his nose and he made his way down the stairs, finding Matt at the stove.

"Good Morning!" He said cheerfully.

"'Morning." Nate yawned in reply. A plate was then placed before him. "What's this?" He questioned.

"Just wanted to thank you for last night is all." Matt replied.

As they sat and ate Nate could feel Matt's eyes on him, following his every move. He allowed it for a little while before saying "uh, Matt your staring."

Matt's eyes widened slightly not noticing what he was doing. "Hmm! O-oh sorry. I just... Really wanted to know what you think... Of the food."

"It's pretty good."

"Ok then."

"Great."

"Wonderful."

The two continued to eat surrounded by a thick aura of awkwardness.

"Well, I'm gonna go work on some tracks..." Nate said slicing through the silence.

"Ok cool. I have some theory's to catch up on anyways." Nate went up stairs to his recording studio and Matt let out a sigh of relief. Why! Why did he have too stare!

- - -

Nate sat in his studio contemplating what just occurred. Why was Matt looking at him like that? Why did he act so weird? Why was his face heating up? why was Nate's!?

Nate's head hurt trying to understand what was going on between them. Did he like Matt? He figured the whole boyfriend thing was just an excuse to make dirty jokes, but maybe it... wasn't? Nate thought and thought, thinking of all that's happened recently:

First Matt said he wanted to be boyfriends, Nate's actually gay but Matt doesn't know that so he was most likely joking.

then him and Matt start acting like boyfriends, but for real,

Matt took him out to dinner at a club, Matt doesn't go to parties much so that means he did it for Nate. and all Nate wanted was to make him happy. like he liked him. like a boyfriend. A lot.

Nonononononono, he couldn't possibly like Matt and even if he did Matt likes someone else, Fuck he's getting divorced for this chick! What was he thinking!?

Nate sighed frustrated with himself, Why did he have to make everything complicated? He and Matt had a good thing, why was he trying to wreck it with his stupid feelings,

"Why does he have to this to me?" Nate looked down at his hands. "why does he have to be so smart with his stupid theories, and his totally not nice gestures and his dumb face!" Nate of course realizing what he just thought, got even more frustrated with himself and decided he needed to get out of the house. He checked the time; 11:30. that's late enough in the day to go for a walk, just to clear his thoughts.

- - -

Nate passed Matt refusing to look him in the eye, Matt being the smart guy he is obviously noticed this,

"Nate, Whats wrong?" His friend turned his head, "N-Nothing! Nothings wrong just, leave me alone, OK!" he replied rather aggressively.  He slammed the door behind him and ran off, leaving Matt feeling confused and guilty.

He ran down the streets with no destination in mind, just thinking "God Whats Wrong With Me!?" eventually reaching a small park covered with trees, oddly enough no one was around. Nate secluded himself behind a tall leafy tree hidden by the others, and stopped to catch his breath.

He sat down leaning on the trees thick trunk, head loud his incomprehensible noise, like static from a tv. Nate felt conflicted, but also apathetic, like a weird mixture of anxiety and depression, or strong feelings with those of not caring at all. Nate just sat there, not knowing for how long, just trying to understand this feeling, this feeling of... emptiness and pain. what was actually minutes passed like hours, and Nate just sat there all the same. he felt drowsy like an eternity was passing before his eyes and he finally gave in to sleep.

- - -

I wasn't sure how to approach this chapter so i decided to go off of my experiences,Ii feel like Nate would be a lot like me where he gets really strung up on little details that just get worse the more you think of them.

Also Thank you SO MUCH for 7.3 k reads, That's an insane number of people to be reading such a cringy fic like this but I'm trying to work on that, and I may go back and edit previous parts to try and make it more bearable, add more or less detail to certain parts stuff like that. again Thank you SO SOSOSOSo MUCh it really means a lot to me!