Missing each other

Now we have two weeks off before the filming of the Knock-outs begins. Ricky has gone up to Leeds to meet the band and do some work with them. I'm here on my own again and I realize I miss his company, his jokes, his smile, his hands on mine and all in all I just miss him. I need to clear my head though, because I need to choose a song for the Knock-outs. Ricky said he needed a decision at the end of the first week. So here I am sitting in my living room with my guitar on my knees and my phone with spotify open on the table in front of me. There are so many songs I really love, but what to choose for the stage? It is so important I need to impress everyone. I want something with a meaning, something I can put all of my feelings in, something which will really show of my voice and myself. I mindlessly scroll through the music on my iphone. There are all kind of songs on it, from bands like Kaiser Chiefs, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons going through James Morrison Avril Lavigne or Pink to Ellie Goulding, Leona Lewis and Whitney Houston. As I scroll through them all, I suddenly remember a song I haven't played for a long time. But this will be perfect. Because this song is so special to me I can put all my feelings in. This song has literally saved my life. The lyrics gave me hope when I was in a very dark place and felt so lonely. And what I really need in this moment in the voice it is hope. Hope that I can make it, hope that I can show everyone who doubted me that I can do it. That I'm really good at something. And perhaps now the song can have a different meaning for me too. It is about finding somebody, somebody that understands you, somebody that is there for you. And I think no matter how delusional it may sound, I may have found that someone. I grab my guitar and start to strum it. The song is called "Gotta be somebody" by Nickelback. There is another added bonus to it, because no one would predict a girl to sing Nickelback, but I can't help I love the big Rock songs. So I chose my song that is the hardest part in my opinion. I played it through a few times and then called it a day. I think it is a good thing to rest before the filming starts again.

Today it is already Thursday but nothing much has happened. My sister and parents called to ask how I was holding up. We talked a bit and I told them that I'm through to the Knock-Outs. They seemed pleased but at the same time not really over joyed but what I'm expecting? They will never change. Okay back to the present, Ricky wanted a song choice till the end of the week. I mean yeah I could just text him, but on the other hand I want to hear his reaction to my choice. And if I'm really honest I want to hear his voice and talk a bit because I missed him. But what if he's busy I don't want to disturb him, he said he had work to do with the band. I decide to text him if it is okay if I ring him. Not one minute after I send the text a face time invite pops up on my screen. Without thinking about it I answer. And there he is on my screen with a big smile on his face and twinkling blue eyes. Oh how I missed him. "Hi there Ricky that was fast. I hope I am not interrupting  something?" "Nah actually I just thought about you and I'm really happy to see you now, even if it is through our phones. And for the future remember you don't have to ask first to call me. When you need me don't hesitate okay. I am always happy to hear from you. So milady what can I help you with?" " Hm to be honest it is about my song for the Knock-Outs, you said you wanted a decision till the end of the week." I literally could see his face fall when I said I called him because of the voice. "But Ricky I know I could have just texted you, but I really missed your voice and wanted to hear it again." I just can't let him think that I only called because of the voice, there is so much more going on. As fast as it was gone his smile returned to his face. I can hear some disturbance in the background and see Ricky flinch. Soon I see the reason for Ricky's annoyance it is Simon a member of the Kaiser Chiefs. I must stop myself very hard from just going all fangirl but I succeed. He waves at me as he sits down next to Ricky. 

Simon: "So Ricky is this the famous Skylar?" Ricky just nods but doesn't say anything. I wave back at Simon " Now that I see her I can relate to you." He looks at me and says: " You must know Skylar, this one here hasn't stopped talking about you since he met you on the blinds. He is so full of praise for you and your voice. Now that I've seen you I can understand the puppy dog eyes when he talks about you non stop. The others have already threatened him with duct tape." Ricky pushes him and says: " Oh just shut up Simon please" But it is no use. Simon just smiles and continues. So Ricky just gives in and lays his arms on the table to hide his face in them. He looks up after Simon has ended but avoids to look me in the eyes. " So now you have embarrassed me enough. I like to introduce you two properly because Skylar here is a massive fan of us. Although I think you may have recognized him already, Skylar this one here, is or better, was after the stunt you pulled, one of my best friends in the world Simon. And the beautiful girl on the screen there is Skylar. I really think you two should meet in person in the near future. But now I really would like to go on with our talk. Skylar was on the verge of telling me which song she chose for the Knock-Outs. Before she was so rudely interrupted by you."