The suprise

As I arrive at the studios I see Ricky already standing there. I sigh he is just so handsome in his shirts and waistcoats. When he sees me, his lips curl into a smile but I can see as he fidgets with his hands that he is a little nervous. 

RW:"Hi. There you are."

ME: "Yes I'm right here so lets get going before we are too late."

RW: " Can i get a hint where you are going to take me?"

Me:"No. No hint you will see when we get there." 

He pouts and I can't help myself but I laugh at his reaction. Like a small child.

Me:" So get going."

We hail a taxi and tell the driver the address. The trip we stay almost silent. There is a little small talk but nothing important. When we arrive I hop out of the car and turn around to pay I see that Ricky has already taken care of it. I turn to him and say

"You weren't supposed to pay. I had it under control."

He puts his arm around my shoulder as he walks me across the street.

"It's alright I wanted to. So hush. Now I can see we are standing in front of a theater what are we doing here?"

"Thank you. You will soon see. Follow me, I know you are curious and I don't want to keep you waiting any longer." I say as I walk with him into the back alley and knock on the Stage door. It opens and I'm being roughly pulled forward into a bear hug.

Theo:"Hi there babe long time no see I missed you. Everything is ready for you, you know the drill. Sean is there. Go on you know your way round. Or have you already forgotten?"

Theo is our security guy / "girl for everything". I love him dearly he is just so fluffy. I reply with a wink in my eye and a smile to my lips :

"Thank you Theo. I missed you too. I know I wasn't round much, but I really was busy. But I promise to show my face more. And you know I couldn't forget this place here even if I tried, it has burned an image in my soul. And i love you, you know that my little teddybear."

He let me go and I turn to Ricky extending my hand to him, leading our way through the corridors. I can see that Ricky is quite stunned about all this, his mouth is wide open and he seems to have forgotten that he can close it. It's quite adorable. It's understandable he knows me as a shy girl with few words, but this place is home here I can be like I am without the fear of being judged. 

"Close your mouth you are catching flies."

He looks shocked at my sassiness but he really shouldn't be, I mean after all I have blackmailed him. When we arrive on stage I motion for him to sit down in the audience. I prepare myself, change my shoes and take my place in the middle of the stage. I take one last look at Ricky and I can see that he is bewildered. But I don't let myself time to think if this is really a good idea. With a nod towards Sean in the technique room the lights dim and the music starts to play. The Song is called "Let it go" from the film "Frozen", I really love this song even though it is normally not my kind of music. I start to dance and everything in the room leaves my sight, then I begin to sing, my body becomes light as a feather and every thought leaves my head. Finally I'm back in my element. Time flies and soon, too soon, the song comes to an end. The lights come back on and I open my eyes and realize Ricky sitting in the audience obviously quite shell shocked and for a loss of words. He stares at me with his mouth open.

Ricky's point of view:

I can't believe what I'm seeing she is so beautiful. The movements, the voice, she is perfection in my eyes. But it can't be, I can't fall for her it's ridiculous . She's one of my contestants and 10 years younger than me. But she is special. Her eyes are the windows to her soul. Sometimes I think I see something in them, a glimmer of something she doesn't want anybody to see. I can not name it, something like sadness, hopelessness, but I don't know why. I can't let her in. I can't open up it is too dangerous for both of us, I could ruin her dream for her. And I can't let this amazing talent got to waste. Oh God please help me, I feel too much already, this can't end well. I need to be very careful.