The blinds

I was so nervous to be in the studios. I was nervous about everything. But one thing in particular occupies my mind. I would do something that not many have tried to do before on the voice. I would sing a song from one of the coaches. I would sing a song from the Kaiser Chiefs my favorite band and it happens to be that the frontman of the kaiser Chiefs is the one and only Mr. Ricky "blue eyes" Wilson judge on the voice. The song is called "Coming Home". And from the first time I heard it I was mesmerized by it. I have slightly changed it, so it would suit my voice more. I'm so nervous what he would think about it. I so hope he will turn for me.

I only brought my sister with me, I don't want all the attention. We sit in the waiting room and I get more and more nervous by the second. First it is Emma who approaches me to have a little chit chat with me which is filmed by the crew. You know these opening things to introduce the singers and so on. Shortly after that my name is called, I turn to my sister, hug her and off I go towards the stage. 

Now that I stand on this stage I'm the most nervous I ever was, I take a deep breath to steady myself. Once the band begins to play all is forgotten and I start to sing:

Do you wish you hadn't stayed all night?

Do you wish you hadn't got so high?

Do you wish you hadn't come?

Oh no ....gotta go.

Do you wish you wasn't half past gone?

Do you wish you didn't last that long?

Do you wish you hadn't come?

Oh no gotta go..gotta run.

May I remind you May i remind you

that you've got nowhere to go

So I'standing beside you till you find our way back home.

I close my eyes and pretend I'm in my bedroom at home looking at my poster of the Kaiser Chiefs.

After I sing the last note I open my eyes.....And oh god I can't believe it two out of the four judges have turned for me. 

Ricky's point of view

The  audience goes silent that's always a dead giveaway that a new singer has stepped on stage. I'm slightly bored the day until now wasn't very exiting. I hear the band begin to play and I recognize the chords. Holy God that's my song. I sit straight in my chair and listen carefully. To sing a song from one of the judges takes guts. And then SHE begins to sing. Yes it is a girl I didn't expect that. My thoughts are all messed up. The lyrics I know by heart, suddenly seem foreign to me. This voice pulls me in and I feel my eyes glaze over,  I'm completely mesmerized. The sound of a buzzer and then the turning of a chair pull me out of my haze. I can't think straight but I know I have to press my button and I have to win her for me. "Yeah Ricky for you, not for your team, snap out of it man." I didn't know my mind could be sarcastic.  But I am right her voice is so different and unique I can't believe it. I think I haven't heard anything this good before. So I press my button before it's to late. My chair turns and I can not believe my eyes. There on the stage stands a young woman so beautiful it takes my breath away. The way she stands there and sings my song so naturally as it were hers. I'm totally blown away but I need to snap out of it. This whatever it is, is not good , it can't be, it shouldn't be. So I take a shuttering breath and try to clear my throat without the others noticing. I don't know if I have succeeded because  I don't dare to look at either one of them in case they had noticed.